“Fine Food Simply & VERY Good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 62 Restaurants in Glens Falls
Cuisines: American
Albany, New York
“Fine Food Simply & VERY Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our party of four was looking for a place to chow down before seeing Avenue Q at the Charles Wood Theater in Glens Falls. We happened upon Celia’s Table at 16 Exchange St in Glens Falls, NY. This newly opened eatery features four outside tables under a beautiful treed canopy and this is where we sat. Not much scenery as this restaurant sits inside a large municipal parking lot, but there is some greenery to offset views from the parked vehicles. The menu offered many items over a wide spectrum of any diner’s desires.
I settled on a stuffed tomato with crabmeat appetizer that was superb and my entrée was sliced Tenderloin with horseradish sauce served in a baguette. Potato wedges with lettuce and a diced cherry tomato completed the dish. This eatery does not serve alcohol so I settled for a Pepsi. All in all my dinner was very good and satisfying. One of the gals in our party had a fish entrée served over some risotto that looked really good. (She said it was too) All – in – all a pretty good find and our four diners with appetizers came to just over $120. So if you are in the area and some of the other eating establishments have waiting lines try walking a little further around back and try Celia’s . . . you might be generally surprised!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“OMG That Chicken Pot Pie Soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a small but charming place with two entrances. The street entrance has steps but the back entrance....which is really the entrance...does not. Outdoor dining when the weather is good. So, if being handicapped is a problem you can dine ala fresco. Heard that their Chicken Pot Pie was a big seller but even better is the CPP soup. No crust but same ingredients. Sweet potatoes instead of white one. Thanksgiving style they add stuffing and cranberry compote on top. Side of broccoli with bacon. Great slaw and the best lemon bar ever...at least for me. Best of the crumb cake with a not so disgustingly sweet and acidic lemon curd that I find on other ones. I went for lunch. They do have dinners on the weekend....I asked.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
“Nice but not handicap friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A great place for lunch. The soup and sandwiches are good. Good home cooking. The layout is a bit treacherous as I tripped twice and my friend hit her head. Take care navigating this small restaurant.

Visited February 2013
Glens Falls, New York
“delicious and welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stumble upon this restaurant during a stroll through downtown Glens Falls. The dining room is small and inviting. The staff were welcoming. I felt instantly at home. I had eggplant rollatini with a side salad and a delicious New England clam chowder. My meal was satisfying and affordable.
I will most definitely return.

• Visited February 2013