“Superb meal...check out the not so freshly ground pepper” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lake George, New York
“Superb meal...check out the not so freshly ground pepper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We've eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. Be sure to make reservations. The place is small and always packed to the gills.
The chef/owner is a genius when combining flavors. Most every dish is offered as a small plate and a full plate size. The small plate is a hefty size and provides an opportunity to try different dishes. There are always 3-4 specials that are stellar.
All 4 of us had the Speck salad. 2 paper thin slices of Speck topped with arugula, goat cheese, peppadews and pine nuts. Wonderful. BUT....then I asked for the pepper mill.....in an effort to find out why it wasn't grinding very well, I opened it to see if it was empty. What did I find?????
GROUND PEPPER IN THE PEPPER MILL!!!!!!!
There wasn't a peppercorn to be found in the restaurant. When asked if this was a one time slip up, I was told that she has been filling the pepper mills with ground pepper for "some time". Come on guys...get real. I'm docking you 1 star for this faux pas.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Strasbourg, France
“Our Favorite in Glens Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have been going to Tallulahs since Sean opened the restaurant. We love the small plate option....it allows you to enjoy an appetizer, entree and dessert....all worth trying! His gumbo is wonderful! I've never been served anything that I was disappointed with. He usually has several specials so even though his menu may not change as often as some would like, there are always new things to try. I love the energy in the place. I would suggest making reservations. He seems to be able to fill the tables every night, so we are obviously not the only ones who think its as wonderful as it is!

Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Unexpectingly great gourmet food in small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was another great find for my foodie friends adn me after being in the area for nine summers. It's a small restuarant, so you definitely need reservations. It is always full-hustling and bustling with tourists and locals. Downtown Glens falls is a sleepy town and there's not much going on besides many small restaurants, coffee shops and minor stores. This one stands out. There are few restaurants that have a menu which offers so many intersting combunations of different foods which I like. It actually made me return sooner than later because I was so curious to try other items on the menu. Their specials are always good. The duck was delicious..as were their sinfully good fries.
I'll definitley be back again whenever I'm in the area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LG, NY
“Never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been for several months. Bachelor this week along with best friend. Always ordered the duck confit salad since it opened. Special salad tonight changed my mind. Occasionally some staff seem "full of themselves " but the owner/chef knows what food is all about. How many restaurant could be successful with the same menu for six years.

PS. Always great specials

Visited April 2013
Broadalbin, New York
“Never a Disappointment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The Bistro Tallulah has quickly become my favorite restaurant! From the atmosphere to to the food, by far my first choice for dining. Yum!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere