This is an amazing place. The tents are spacious and comfortable with outside showers and a big bath inside. Meals are excellent and numerous, all cooked by the camp's chef and his colleagues, and the open bar is a bonus. The staff are endlessly helpful and sociable, so meals taken around a big table with guests, staff and guides, are a real pleasure. And there are more hours of games drives (morning, afternoon and night) than anyone could possibly wish for - lots to see and incredibly knowledgeable guides. For anyone who hasn't been on safari this would be a great introduction - but it might spoil you for anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Well known and much loved, The Hide Safari Camp is situated within Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe's largest game reserve, renowned for its abundant and diverse wildlife. Built in 1992, The Hide has justly earned its reputation as a great wildlife experience wrapped in warm and welcoming hospitality. Accommodating up to 20 guests in comfortable, spacious, en-suite luxury tents under thatch, The Hide prides itself on having a family of experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic guides. Activities on offer include guided walks with a professional guide, day and night game drives, ‘hide’ sits, sleepovers at the romantic Dove’s Nest and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your The Hide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hide Hotel Hwange National Park
- Hide Hwange National Park