“Best Part of my Trip.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nehimba Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hwange National Park
Nehimba Lodge
You added Nehimba Lodge to your Saves list
Hwange National Park., Hwange National Park, Zimbabwe   |
La Verne, California, United States
“Best Part of my Trip.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Oh my goodness, what can i say this is the most amazing place in the world. I have never been to a place with such an amazing and attentive staff! Every single person there made you feel like family! It was so comfortable, and over the top amazing. We would come home from a long drive and have a warm bath drawn and waiting for us in our huts, and every night there would be a water heater at the end of your bed to make sure it was warm. They really went above and beyond. The guides were amazingly patient and knowledgeable answering all of the millions of questions we had about all the animals and plants. They were very accommodating and flexible, it was really a trip for you if you wanted to go for a drive they would happily load up the cars with plenty of drinks and blankets if it was cold.Or if only half the group wanted to go they would take one car out and leave the rest of the group at home to enjoy the amazing scenery. The resort is positioned in a half circle around a water hole where there is almost always animals. The scene is surreal, it was gorgeous and amazing to be so close to the animals. We would be eating a meal and all of a sudden there would be as many as 8 elephants drinking out of the pool less than 20 yards from the table. Speaking of eating the food was amazing! We were in Africa for 2 weeks and all agree that the food we ate at Nehimba was by far the best! I would go again and recommend Nehimba to all; family, friends, acquaintances and strangers!

Dear Missy,

The Nehimba Team would like to thank you for your wonderful review and ask that you be our "Roll" Model
Thank you for allowing us all to be a part of your team...

Love the Nehimba Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Claremont, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Finding the right words to describe my experience at the Nehimba Safari Lodge will be difficult because my time spent there was so surreal. Let me just state that this trip was an experience like no other I have ever had. I went to Nehimba with a party of 14. We ranged in age from 5 to 45. This is quite a large group to keep satisfied and entertained. For five luxurious, wonderful days we were not only entertained we were mesmerized by our environment. Nehimba was a journey that heightened all five senses and left you feeling like you were just let in on one of the worlds most precious and hidden secrets. When I considered a safari for a vacation I had hoped to experience the "real" Africa. I wanted to be a part of the natural habitat of African wildlife and not the wildlife that is conditioned and trained to be near humans which other parks are known for. That is what Hwange National Park and Nehimba offered. Along with the five star accommodations and the attention to detail I was left smiling at the end of everyday. I would be amiss if I didn't mention the dining experience at Nehimba. My husband and I have eaten at five star restaurants all over the world. We had hoped to be satisfied by the food here but were shocked to be utterly impressed by it. Whether it was the incredibly creamy homemade ice-cream or the seasoned and grilled to perfection Tilapia it was delectable and always severed with impeccable presentation. I would say it doesn't get much better then that. We laughed, we learned, we ate like kings, we relaxed, we rejuvenated and we are better for it. Thank you Nehimba and Staff for sharing your little bit of heaven with me and my family.

Dearest Jalyn,
Having you and your family at Nehimba Safari Lodge was absolutely amazing for all of us.
Thank you for your wonderful review and for sharing your experiences with us.
We can only say that it was an absolute pleasure to have you all join the Nehimba Family and we hope that you will all return soon.
Love the Nehimba Team.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was our first trip to Africa and this setting made our vacation memorable beyond words. The proximity of the wild life was awe inspiring, from elephants who drank from the pool and joined us for happy hour to the roar of the lions at night. We traveled with a group of 14 that included 3 families that ranged in age from 16 to 65. The knowledgeable guides who where passionate about the game park in knowledge and respect of the wild life made us feel safe and wonderfully privileged. The meals were over the top and the great wine selection and desserts were remarkable considering how remote this location is. Agreed, the only downside was having to leave. Thanks to guides Rob and Forest and our hostess Sarah, staff including Given and Sam. I left a part of my heart in Nehimba which is now the slogan we use to toast a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: If you want to be totally emerged in the wild life of the bush but pampered because this is your vac...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Gina
Thank you for the kind words, we are so happy that Nehimba made your vacation in Africa a memorable one. We hope that you will soon return to the "Land of Giants" to visit your heart!
Love the Nehimba Team.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hwenge National Park and the wildlife it contains are what will bring you to Nehimba Safari Lodge, but it is the staff and the setting that will make you consider quitting your job, moving to Zimbabwe, and beginning the two year apprenticeship to receive your Professional Guides License.

We experienced the flora and fauna of Hwenge on drives and walks, including my favorite, the mighty (although somewhat shy) zebra. We saw lions, giraffes, baboons, kudu, impala, warthog, elephant, and many more. The guides are also keen birders, with a well-thumbed copy of the Roberts with them in the Land Rover at all times. Although not a huge birder myself, due to their enthusiasm and knowledge, I'm now a big fan of the Lilac-Breasted Roller.

That brings me to another detail I loved: the camp uses the storied Land Rover for their drives and transport. It's a small thing, but I love the Land Rover; nothing at all against the Toyota Land Cruiser, but these things will make you want to find a used Defender 110 back in the States (which are shockingly rare and expensive here in the U.S.). The guides and mechanics are happy to talk with you about them, too.

Speaking of guides, Rob and Forest are amazing - they really listened to what we were looking to do and see, and made it happen. Sarah, the effervescent Lodge Manager and Hostess, made our day several times with surprises like the sun-downer (beer and biltong!, along with other more refined nosh) overlooking a pan with many, many photogenic elephants. Given and Sam in the dining room took great care of us, along with the rest of the staff who ensured we had an amazing time.

From the wonderful food to the knowledgeable guides, to the attentive staff, this is just about the best place in the world to spend a vacation.

Room Tip: Because the accommodations are made up of individual buildings, it's hard to get a bad room. We...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jeff

Your words are very much appreciated. The Nehimba Family send their regards and want you to know that it is their pleasure .... Thank you and we look forward to your return. Perhaps we will have to let you stay in a different room each trip.
We hope to see you soon.
Regards
The Nehimba Family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first visit to Hwange national park, After a long and bumpy drive and that was on the tarmac not the dirt roads we arrived at Nehimba lodge to Candy and her staff with a welcoming drink and a refreshing towel. After a quick meet and greet with the staff, the children and the most talkative gran(who is lovely) we were shown to our lodges. Magnificent, is a word i would use to describe them, the luxurious four poster bed which is large enough for a big guy like myself 6ft5 to the outdoor shower over looking the pan. After we dropped our bags off we met back at the bar to discuss what we wanted to do. Unlike other lodges, this lodge is their for you. You make the decisions on when you want to go on a game drive or walk. This is such a nice change, unlike the other places that say "right we are leaving at this time be there". The drives are wonderful seeing elephants, lions, buffalo, kudu, impala, sable, warthogs, hyena and giraffe. Our guide was extremely knowledgable and witty. The staff were friendly and the meals hit the spot. The drinks were always cold. I would not hesitate in going back again and telling everyone I know going to Zimbabwe to go visit Nehimba lodge. Will be back for sure

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Steed,
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are truly happy that we were able to make your experience a memorable one and we look forward to having you return for another visit soon...
Be safe
Love the Nehimba Family
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Our four night stay at Nehimba was an incredible experience for our family of 10! Tucked discreetly in the Hwange National Park, Nehimba allows its guests to experience amazing comforts while also having an up-close experience with the natural surroundings -- elephants, lions, zebra, giraffes, and more. The main lodge is a welcoming and very comfortable gathering place for guests who are staying in seven different cabins around the property. The cabins all have the most comfortable beds (complete with hot water bottles to warm the sheets on cool evenings), bathrooms with a tub, an outdoor shower, and a wonderful porch swing. True luxury in the middle of the bush. Making the comfort even better is the attention paid to every detail by Sarah and the rest of the Nehimba staff. They catered to our dietary needs -- always had a vegetarian option at every meal and made yummy hot chocolate for the non-coffee/tea drinkers. The family-style meals were top notch! Conversations around the dinner table and the evening campfire with Forest and Rob, our guides, were so informative and enjoyable. I would go back to Nehimba again and again. It is one of the loveliest, well-run, amazing places I have ever stayed.

Dear Hobie21

Thank you for your great comments. It was all our pleasure and we hope that many memories were made here in our "Land of Giants".
We hope that you will be able to visit again soon...
Love from the Nehimba Family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nehimba Lodge more than exceeded our wildest expectations. The accommodations and service were absolutely first class. The camp consists of the main open-air lodge and seven guest cabins arranged around a well-maintained watering hole. We enjoyed the luxurious outdoor shower, indoor bathtub, romantic bed, and relaxing porch swing with dramatic views of the local wildlife. Sarah and her staff ensured an unforgettable visit by attending to details both small (hot water bottled in bed during the cold winter nights) and large (treating us to a number of wonderful surprises throughout the visit). We thoroughly enjoyed our group dinners together and especially the time next to the fire, sharing stories and watching the elephants wander around the pan.

The lodge is located on a private concession within Hwange National Park, which provides unmatched and unspoiled contact with the park's wildlife. The three watering holes maintained by the lodge are absolute jewels and obviously very popular with the elephants, while the open expanse of the Nehimba Seeps offers stunning scenery. Our guides Rob and Forest were extremely knowledgable and incredibly enthusiastic. We couldn't have been happier with our stay at Nehimba Lodge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Nehimba Lodge? Share your experiences!