We had the most amazing honeymoon at the Hilton resort labriz!
We were full board which turned out to be the best decision as it is very expensive and the full board option allows you to have a choice from the full menus at breakfast, lunch and dinner and a 25% discount at the teppenyaki restaurant! We did say once or twice that if we hadn't been full board we'd be in trouble but we expected the prices and didn't mind paying a lot for soft drinks as we were pre warned and was on our honeymoon so decided not to worry about it (and no we're not rolling in it!). The food was exceptional with my favourite being Sakura and my husbands favourite grann kaz. The decor is very relaxing and the quality of food was amazing.
We cannot praise the staff enough! Everyone would pass and wish you a good morning or good evening! They were very attentive without being overbearing. We have to mention a few members of staff who were just fantastic....Assan one of the gardeners who passed our villa and cut a fresh coconut for us, naima who cleaned our room to perfection every day and seemed to work non stop but always had a smile on her face, the staff in the buffet restaurant and the pool bar who were great even when we witnessed people being down right rude to them!
The spa is absolutely beautiful and we were so happy to discover we could use the facilities for free everyday. It really is worth spending time there and if you have the money to spend on a massage it's well worth it!!!
While we were there we also went on a sunset cruise. The water was extremely choppy at first and I have to admit I was terrified! Randy and Raheem who took us out we're amazing! Raheem kept us safe despite the huge waves and would turn around every now and again to reassure us and make sure we were ok. Randy tried to distract us by telling us facts about the island and pointing out areas of the island as we passed. I have to admit that I went from terrified to actually having the best time! When we turned onto the calm side of the island we enjoyed a bottle of bubbly and watched the sunset. It was AMAZING and well worth the trauma. I can't thank the two men who took us out enough-they were great!
The crossing to and from Mahe is EXTREMELY bumpy and I for one was glad it was an enclosed boat as I did not want to see the size of the waves as I found it quite terrifying! The men working on the boat were amazing at calming my nerves and taking care of my sick bags!!
The skipper on the morning we left was battling extremely large waves and windy conditions and I could have kissed him for getting us back safely......they really are great and I'd definitely feel safe going back.
The island itself is breathtaking and really beautiful!!! The ocean is so blue and to look back at the island with its lush mountains is just out of this world!!! There is not enough that can be said about its beauty!
If you can visit the spa
Definitely go full board!
Stock up on duty free if you like a drink!
If possible opt for a beach villa (def worth the extra)
Final point......we read a lot of reviews before we left and had an idea that people were nit picking but didn't realise just how much (except the guy who mentioned the number of cm the drain cover stood about the ground-SERIOUSLY?!). While there we overheard conversations stating 'it isn't a 5 star resort' 'the service isn't good enough' and so on. We have been fortunate enough to have travelled to some amazing places around the world. The fact is labriz is a beautiful island, the food is of good quality and the staff were great at their jobs. You people will never be satisfied! If I had to wait on people who clicked their fingers, didn't say please or thank you, didn't even look at me while they demanded stuff or shouted demands I wouldn't run to you immediately or go out of my way for you either!!! This is a really lovely resort and we had the best 10days. In that setting I can't see there being anything worth moaning about. Perhaps you just like to moan! Thanks Hilton labriz for a perfect honeymoon and the best holiday we have ever had!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is nestled on the famous white sand shore of Silhouette Island surrounded by lush jungle, magnificent mountains and a rich cultural heritage.Discover a wealth of choice in an idyllic setting. Savour Créole specialties and the freshest locally-caught seafood at our seven restaurants and bars. Tone up in the high-tech Fitness Centre or dive into a 5-star PADI training course. For ultimate bliss,experience the rejuvenating rituals of Silhouette Spa. We are delighted to welcome you to Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa and hope to make your stay effortless, happy and memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort And Spa
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz Hotel Silhouette Island
- Super 8 Mahe Island
- Labriz Silhouette Mahe Island