“Little things mean a lot... and they weren't there.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 9 hotels in Geneva
Levittown, New York
“Little things mean a lot... and they weren't there.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Yes, the view is very nice - the rooms are fair, although the mattress we had was way too hard and uncomfortable for both of us (and my husband usually likes firm mattresses). We did have a really good dinner in the restaurant in the hotel on the first night we were there. However, we tried the restaurant again the last night we were there, and no such luck with the food then - in fact, my husband was feeling pretty ill from his dinner that night. Also, the drinks we were served at the bar were pretty watered down; however, since they weren't too expensive we let it ride. The rest of the stay was punctuated with little disappointments and inconveniences. For one, the coffee pot in our room was missing an important piece - the tray in which you put the coffee grounds. We mentioned this to the front desk the second day of our stay - and by the time we left on the 5th day, the coffee pot still had not been fixed or replaced. Also, when housekeeping came around after the first night, they neglected to refill/replace all the soaps and things - plus they did not remove a stained towel that I had purposely left on the floor (as directed by the signage to do if you want them to remove and replace a towel) and, instead, just hung it back up, stains and all. The hotel was filled with people who were there for some kind of convention - and when they left, another conference started up the next day. I suppose this is a good way for a hotel to make money, but when you're there attempting a romantic getaway, all the corporate hubbub around you is distracting - and, more importantly, the people involved with those conferences get all of the hotel's attention and those who are not end up feeling noticeably neglected.
Finally, although I'm uncertain if the hotel has anything to do with this directly, there were signs all around the hotel about a boat tour - but there was no stand that we could find at which to buy tickets and no one around who seemed to be affiliated with said tour; we didn't even see a boat in the water that looked like it might be a tour boat for our entire stay. Since the signs are posted on the hotel's property, we'd have thought they hotel might have supplied some kind of information about it to their guests - even if just posting a notice that the tour isn't actually running, so please ignore all the other signs. But, the staff really didn't seem all that interested in being helpful in general - at least not to us, as "outsiders" from the conference group. Ah well. All in all, I think I'd find myself steering away from Ramadas in the future now, assuming other options are available.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
RamadaLake, Director of Sales at Ramada Geneva Lakefront, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hello, thank you for the details regarding your stay here. We have discussed these as we value your opinion and we generally take pride in the high level of service our team normally provides. For future reference should you reconsider and give us another opportunity to serve you, the coffee tray is built into the coffee pouch - just open the pouch and set it in place in the coffee maker. We also provide coffee in the lobby every morning. Regarding the boat tour, we do have information at our Front Desk and our new concierge service. The boat is housed at another dock so you wouldn't necessarily see it from our property. I hope this information is helpful. Sincerely, Jason Hagerman.

742 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Geneva, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed July 3rd thru July 5th....excellent location right on the waterfront. Ask for 1st floor walk out room lakeside. Has great walkway for walking and biking along the Seneca Lake. Also has a 4 star restaurant. Indoor pool is small. Good workout room. Staff was very nice and helpful. The Chamber of Commerce has a office for local info only a short walk from the hotel.

We did a 5 hours fishing charter tour with Eagle Rock Charters about 25 minutes away on Lake Cayuga with Capt Glenn Quick....eecellent charter my daughter caught a 10lb lake trout! Highly reccommend this charter...great Capt and caught alot of nice fish!

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor walk out room on lakeside...excellent views of the lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were very happy to stay at this hotel during our recent trip to the States. The room was wonderful and the meal in the restaurant was fabulous - best filet mignon skewers I have ever had!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the water - the view is lovely.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The hotel had a total of 3 luggage carts that seemed to be over 10 years old. The elevator is terribly slow, I think I used it once. The carpet was filthy, the sheets were not even cleaned. (Apparently you have to request housekeeping to clean them, an effort of theirs in "going green".) The pool is 3 feet deep and can fit about 5 people. The windows do not have screens on them, so do not leave these open, or you will have a room full of bugs. Nice view of the lake and good location in Geneva.

Room Tip: only $10 extra to have a lake view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We recently stayed here 3 days for a wedding. I can say the hotel was nice however it could use some updating. Though we had made reservations in advance we ended up receiving a room with two double beds for the two of us which made sleeping difficult. With a DnD sign on the door housekeeping tried to come into our room while we were sleeping and said "oh do you want me to come back?" I was surprised they do not offer a continental bfst for the price you pay for the room? There is a resurant /bar with the hotel however they are rather pricy. We did enjoy the staff and our view of the lake was amazing. If we were back in the area again I would probably stay elsewhere.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night business trip and was not expecting much more than a place to sleep before an early meeting. The hotel was not far off of I-90.

As I drove up to the hotel, I saw the lakefront park behind it and was so excited. I literally threw my bags down in my room so that I could go for a stroll before sundown. The park is lovely and there is a long pier with an ice cream stand that serves wine ice cream. Just delightful.

My room was just okay. I had a city view, and heard some noise when trains passed by, but nothing that kept me awake. The room seemed dark, even with all of the lamps on. Plenty of electrical outlets. The bathroom was a nice size. I liked the extralong soap dish becuase there was room to line up your shampoo, conditioner and other toiletries. But, the sink had these stains/scuff marks that was unappealing. Wifi was easy to use. My room had a fridge and microwave, which I'm sure comes in very handy for longer stays.

The front desk staff was nice. They had a ton of takeout menus behind the counter, which was great because I was tired and didn't feel like venturing out by myself. I had breakfast at their restaurant, the Pier House. It was so nice sitting outside by the lake with a newspaper eating breakfast. Food was okay and very reasonably priced.

Overall, I would say that this is an average hotel whose location shoots it up into the "above average" or "very good" category.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
venice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

After booking our trip accommodations for an upcoming business trip I was a bit worried when I read less than favorable reviews about the Ramada Inn Geneva Lakefront. Our stay could not have been better. The rooms were great, the food was great (as we ate ALL of our meals in their restaurant) and the service was fabulous. Special 'shout out" to Domino our bartender, Melanie our waitress and Chef Don.

Room Tip: ask for a lake view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Geneva Lakefront? Share your experiences!