“Recommended Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Geneva
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Geneva, New York
“Recommended Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was recommended to us to try. We went on "Crusin Night" in Geneva. We went early to avoid the crowd, (about 4:30), but we were just one of two parties in the place. So, wasn't necessary to rush
The place is small, but comfortable. I'm told they have a great deep fried Chic Pea. But, I didn't dare try it, because I can't have gluten and they only have one fryer. I would have surely had problems later with cross contamination with other floured foods from it.
I ordered the Mixed Grill, which was a 3 Oz Filet Mignon, a length of organic pork sausage, mashed white beans and kale. It was very good perfect size serving. Sausage was delicious, I could have had a plate full. Mashed white beans were good. Almost reminded me of refried beans. Kale was good. I think it could have been cooked longer.
My wife had the burger with shoestring potatoes She was very pleased with the flavor and ate all of it, which surprised me.
We both enjoyed dessert of Chocolate Pot de Creme with Whipped Cream. Was a thick mousse, not overly rich Just right for the finish
Their "specials" change almost weekly, so worth the chance to try at different times. Which we will do.

Burdett, New York
“What a nice little find ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stumbled into this place and although a bit loud where I was sitting ... Surely a sign of life ... The place seemed to have a nice vibe ... The service was perfect ... The food as well, duck, zucchini flowers, smelts etc ... All cooked perfectly ... Great date place or perfect for fine different foods ... Salute !!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Catskill, New York
“Reminded me of my favorite restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The minute my Wife and I walked in it reminded both of us of our favorite restaurant in Saugerties NY. Small, quaint and welcoming. The food was very good. It was the first and only time I will ever eat there. Would definitely recommend it.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Don't let the appearance fool you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Looks like a tavern with a small storefront. Inside, though, they have interesting food well-prepared and a nice wine list.

Visited June 2014
Medford, New Jersey
“Bold Flavor, Run Down Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Red Dove is trying to be something special but it seems to be an uphill battle. The menu is limited, regular menu items like appetizers and sandwiches are reasonably priced, which makes this place attractive to young bar patrons. The entrees are a bit more pricey, a little too pricey for this location and for the run down décor. The tables, chairs, walls, everything scream for some attention. I had the falafel sandwich, which was highly spiced. My friend had the fish special, which was average. There are way better places just a block and a half away. If you like dumpster diving, then of course, you'll feel right at home but if you want something a bit nicer, try one of the other places nearby.

• Visited July 2014