“Excellent food with a Great Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 70 Restaurants in Geneva
Cuisines: American, Pizza
“Excellent food with a Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I tried this restaurant after not being able to get a reservation at Ports. Turned out we are very happy we stopped into the Bistro. We really enjoyed the atmosphere, the host was incredibly friendly and welcoming. The service was prompt. Great beer selection, we both got flights of local beers and really enjoyed sampling them all.

The wood fired Nachos were amazing! They were just loaded nachos but somehow they were so much more.

My wife and I shared a unique but amazing Fig pizza. The pizza was plenty large for the two of us plus we brought a couple slices home.

We will be back! With the pizza option we can even bing the kids.

• Visited August 2014

Syracuse, New York
“Seneca Wood Fired Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Located on Rt.14, south of Geneva N.Y. along picturesque Cayuga Lake. The unassuming façade belies the spacious, well decorated interior. Several skylights offer a soft natural lighting inspiring a relaxing casual atmosphere. Casual attire is the norm, convenient for the tourists on the wine trail in that area. Tables are well spaced so you don't feel crowded. They offer a good assortment of wine and beer to pair with the menu of specialty appetizers, entrees and pizzas. They have diverted from usual menu items and created specialty dishes that add to the bistro's uniqueness. Ample servings insure you will not leave hungry. The host and our waitress, Rosie, were very attentive. A duet performed the Saturday afternoon we were there that added to the overall charm. We will definitely stop again when we're in the area.

• Visited June 2014
Johnston, Rhode Island, United States
“Perfect Atmosphere, Delicious Food & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I love the whole "experience" when visiting anywhere and this restaurant has it all. The servers were all very friendly and personable. The food was fresh and delicious and the ambience was great. We walked through the inside which was lit beautifully and had a very eclectic and romantic feel to it but it was a beautiful night so we sat outside on their gorgeous patio. We even asked for a suggestion about visiting the town of Geneva and a man was sent over with a map to give us and gave us fantastic suggestions. Overall it was a 5 star experience for us!

• Visited July 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good for date night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped here for dinner on our last night of vacation in the finger lakes. Nachos were good but it was a huge portion! Hubby got the mushroom pizza with truffle oil because the waitress assured him it was a dinner for one, well it was also huge! I loved it, while he was sure the oil wasn't truffle. I got the appetizer mussels as my entrée and it was plenty! I thought the broth was delicious but a tad salty for my taste. I always find broths at restaurants to be overly salted so I think it is simply my preference. Our cocktails were delicious, I like that there was local options seeing as we came to the region for the wine. I suggest ordering and serving family style. Atmosphere was cozy and bathrooms were really clean (a must).

Philadelphia, Pa
“Spectacular second choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were heading for Ports on a Thursday night but it was packed and the next opening was 90 minutes away so we went searching for something else. On the way back into Geneva, we passed Seneca Bistro and decided to try it and we were not disappointed!

The cocktails were unique and very tasty and the food was just plain awesome. We tried the cheese and meat appetizer platter and it was enough food for dinner. We took half of it home and enjoyed it for days! The mushroom pizza was delectable and it was all topped off by the most perfect dessert - wood fired s'mores. Yum! This place was a perfect surprise.

• Visited May 2014