“clean, comfortable, lives up to Hampton reputation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Hhonors Points!
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Geneva
Columbia, MO
“clean, comfortable, lives up to Hampton reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

A good Hampton Inn. The staff are friendly and prompt in service, the breakfast well stocked and well prepared.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Granville, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Although I was disappointed with Geneva and would not return, The Hampton met our needs very well (although driving in late the neighborhood seemed a little sketchy and I am pretty sure we saw a drug deal.) You could see the lake from the Hotel parking lot. Room was clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. Hotel was not busy so it was very quiet. We were able to walk across the police dept. parking lot to a little independent Italian restaurant that was enjoyable. Coffee in Hampton Lobby (and the in-room coffee) was exceptionally good. Breakfast, however, was not really edible. Turkey sausage was dry and tasted like cardboard. French toast sticks looked soggy and unappealing. Fruit was soaked in perservatives and had the normal funky Hampton taste. I opted for a cheese danish. It was tasty. Short drive to Outlet Mall in Waterloo.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We picked this hotel because it is walkable to the shops and restaurants in downtown Geneva, as well as the waterfront park. Everything was clean and in proper working order. The inn even provided complementary hot soup on the cold night we arrived. A very nice touch in a chain hotel. There is a rail line on one side of the building, but our room was on the opposite side, and we never heard any trains.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Booked room online but for some reason the reservation defaulted to the current date, not the date I requested for the stay. I didn't check my confirmation (my fault!). Time of booking was about 1PM. My credit card was debited for the full amount as a 'no show'. When I realized what happened I contacted the general manager who told me that she could do nothing to help me, since they were booked solid for that night. Hard to believe since I was obviously able to book the room at 1 PM. I asked if she could at least discount my stay on the date I intended for the reservation to be (over a month in the future). She offered a $10.00 discount. I will be staying at the Ramada Inn.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

We had reservations at Americas Best Value Inn and ran away from there just as quickly as our motorcycle could carry us! Found the Hampton Inn on our GPS unit and decided to give it a try. When they heard where we had just come from, they were able to find us a room at a decent AAA rate and we jumped on it! Ther eis a small park across the train tracks that was nice to stroll along. The train did wake us up pretty early, but we were more amused by it than anything. The staff were really nice, providing us with 2 free water bottles after a 3 floor search for water in the vending machines came up empty. Dinner suggestons by the front desk were right on, taking us to a place called Morgan's. It was about a 3 block walk, but on well lit streets. Nice area, nice hotel, I'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Hudson Valley, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

This was a nice, clean, modern motel.

You do need to try and stay on the opposite side of the train tracks. The other party we were with heard the ice machine and the train at 5pm. It was like a scene out of "My cousin Vinny"... they were on the 3rd floor by the back stairs.

We were on 2, towards the street. That was pretty good.

The hotel will be a little pricey in the fall, especially if Hobart has a home football game. There are not really a lot of quality affordable hotels in the finger lakes region.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Kew Gardens, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We spent 1 night a the Hampton Inn in Geneva. The location is great, right at the tip of Lake Seneca, not too far from the highway and only about 10 minutes to the closest winery. We were checked into room 206, which was quite small. After looking at the floor plans located in the binder in the room, due to the shape of the building, rooms with numbers 04-07 were smaller than the others, so I would avoid those. The set-up of the room was a little odd, I assume because of its size. For instance the bed faced the window and had nightstands on both sides, which is normal. The phone was on the far side of the room on the nightstand that was against the wall. If you sat at the desk, you had your back to the television.

The bathroom was a nice size as was the shower. While it was clean, there were a couple of hairs on the hand towel, floor and hair dryer. This is something that the cleaning crew should have noticed. I could have complained, but chose not too, since it wasn't necessarily dirty and we were only there for the night. The bed and linens were very comfortable. The internet connection worked great.

The hotel offers a free breakfast which was very good compared to other hotel chains. That morning there were eggs and sausage, a variety of yogurts, cereals, muffins, bagels, breads, juices, coffee & tea. When we checked in, we noticed that the hot entree breakfast for that day had been french toast. The breakfast room was right off the lobby and was cozy and included a TV which was tuned to a morning news show.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Geneva? Share your experiences!