“Great again!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Reservations Recommended. Maximum group is 8.
Jamestown, New York
“Great again!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Food again was great. I had the seafood kabob and my wife had the pork tenderloin. Both cooked perfectly. Service A1. Been there 3 or 4 times on our get aways to Seneca lake and have never had a bad meal. I advise to order the specials they are always unique.

Buffalo, New York
“An experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Party of 6 recently ate here & could not believe the experience. Have never been to a place that had so many specials to offer. Wine list is extensive. Food is of high quality & reasonably priced. Service was also very good. Noise level may be a bit high when crowded which it always appears to be.

Reservations are highly recommended as establishment seats around 50 people/

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seneca Falls, New York
“Wonderful fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Good food, extensive specials list every night sometimes can be overwhelming in choices but does add to the menu selections, something different .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Port in Any Storm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This restaurant was one of the best recommendations we got from our B&B while in Geneva. Who would of thought we could get dishes from each of the seaports we'd lived in. But we did and the food was great. No, it is not elegant dining, but service is good to excellent and as attentive as necessary. It is great, honest, down to earth food, from the Baltimore shrimp boil, to the NE clam chowder and even the Maryland crab cakes (a little more Chesapeake Bay Seasoning please). The veal chop special and BBQ ribs were great and large and satisfying and we split a dessert. We were there mid-week in Mid-September without a reservation, but when we left at 7:15 pm, the line was out the door and we ran a gauntlet of hungry patrons. So plan appropriately and make a reservation or get there early.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterloo, Canada
“casual atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The decor is unpretentious but cute. Our server was very friendly, answering our (as usual) many questions and guiding us towards our eventual choices.

My clam chowder starter was very nice - more celery than I expected, but it was tasty. Much better than others I'd had on my trip. My wife's butternut squash and goat cheese ravioli was good, but there was a little too much oil in the dish.

Her scallops and pork belly were also very tasty and prepared very well, both proteins being quite tender and moist. The scallops had a good sear on the outside. She found, though, that there was some kind of spice in the squash puree (we couldn't identify it - ginger?) that was a little strong. I didn't mind it so much, but she was a little turned off. My striploin with carmelized onion butter and onion rings was (to my mind) the star of the night, though. A beautifully cooked piece of meat whose sides accompanied it very well, especially the sour cream smashed potatoes. (The veggies weren't super exciting, but were better than just steamed broccoli.) I usually don't order steak when I'm out; I'm able to grill an acceptable specimen at home, and don't usually think the restaurant premium you pay is worth it. Here, it was.

Dessert was a "pumpkin bread pudding". I detected no pumpkin. Some pumpkin pie spice, maybe. This downgraded it to "bread pudding". Still a nice dessert, with some vanilla Ben & Jerry's (the first time I've seen a restaurant specify their ice cream brand), but not quite what we expected.

The presentation of the dishes was nothing special, with the scallop/pork belly combo being a little odd. Still, the food was very good and the prices were reasonable. I'd definitely head back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere