“Nice setting but not worth the price.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 70 Restaurants in Geneva
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
WEST HARTFORD
“Nice setting but not worth the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Wanted a nice dinner with our daughter who is a student at nearby HWS but we were a bit disappointed with our meals. My salmon was very dry although my husband's steak was nicely cooked. Might be that we ordered the wrong meal, but for the price, we would have expected more consistency. Service was lovely so we might need to try it again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great Place for Groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the second time this year I've been to the Cobblestone. The first was with another couple and the second time was with 10 people. While the food was excellent both times, the waitress during the first visit was cold and aloof, having to be called to attend to us. The second waitress was very attentive and served the 10 of us with charm and attention to our needs. We all had a delightful evening.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
geneva
“Hidden Gem in Geneva”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

i had dinner at the cobblestone last week and i just wanted to say how much i enjoyed it. The atmosphere,The service,The food--everything was exceptional. I had the chilean sea bass hard to find in western New York and it was as good as i've had anywhere.dessert was chocolate souffl'e; for a chocoholic its amazing A GREAT TIME

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent atmosphere, service, and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We recently had a wonderful experience at Cobblestone. When we walked into the restaurant we were greeted at the door by Kristy who was very welcoming. She showed us to our table which was next to the fireplace...very warm and romantic. The restaurant was quiet but that is typical this time of year. Tammy was our server and she was professional and friendly. The food was delicious. I had the lobster risotto and it was wonderful. My partner had the filet which was cooked perfectly. It was a filet of sirloin and it was delicious. The potatoes were great!!! I recommend this restaurant to all coming to the Finger Lakes for a visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gloversville, New York
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nice ambience but don't go for the food or value. It was recommended by our hotel clerk and I wonder if it was once top notch and now has a different chef? My husband and I were there for Valentine's Day and maybe only 25% of the tables were occupied and both the bartender and our waiter were working there for their second day, so those were clues that we weren't probably going to have a great meal. The ambience was nice though. The food was very poor and served overcooked and cold, and to make things worse we didn't get what we expected. Our waiter was very nice so we didn't complain and frankly, I doubt anything better would have come from the kitchen if we had sent it back. My husband ordered the lobster escargot but it wasn't lobster, it was langostinos. My green apple salad was very tasty but was very small for the extra $10.50. My husband had the wedge salad with oil & vinegar which was dressed in the kitchen & very dry. Bread consisted of 3 3-inch long breadsticks & 2 tiny squares of stale focaccia. We asked for the vegetable of the day (asparagus) but then was told they ran out and we had to substitute potatoes. My husband ordered filet mignon and got a tough piece of sirloin instead. I ordered the beef Wellington & was surprised to see it was made from strip steak, not tenderloin. If there was pâté it was so thin as to be unnoticed or tasted, and it was covered with mushroom gravy (!!!) which rendered the crust a soggy mess. To add insult to injury, it was seriously overcooked and rubbery like it had been microwaved, but was served lukewarm. After picking at our plates we gave up and passed on dessert. My husband asked what the chances of getting a fine cognac were, slim to none? and the waiter answered honestly "closer to none" but cheerfully went to check and returned with a tiny airline bottle of VS! We passed on that too and had a decent limoncello instead. I can't understand how a place with an ambitious menu could produce such disappointing food unless the original chef had left or they were close to going out of business and substituting food and running out of vegetables and bread. We have dined in Geneva twice before, at Edgar's which was overrated, and at Geneva-on-the-Lake, which was delicious and had great service, ambience, and a piano/vocal duo that was terrific. We look forward to returning there tonight!

• Visited February 2013