“Just stayed in The Tower” 3 of 5 stars

You added Belhurst - Chambers in the Castle to your Saves list
Belhurst - Chambers in the Castle
4069 Route 14 South, Geneva, NY 14456   |
New York
“Just stayed in The Tower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

First of all we want to say that we really enjoyed our stay. Food was fantastic. Staff was very friendly.
Now for the room. It is very large and comfortable. But, after reading reviews today I realize that we had the same VERY old tube TV that went in and out!! Reception was terrible! bathroom was very nice and clean. But...the room was dirty. Dust everywhere. I accidently spilled on the hard wood floor and when wiping it up the towel turned black...GROSS. I do have to mention the horrible septic smell that was near the bathroom. Everytime you run water the smell gets worse. Once we noticed the smell we started to look around. Windows in the main room actually have mold around them.Several of the sitting areas do not have any heat or lighting. You can feel the draft around all the windows. For the price I would expect more. Even the trim in the bathroom door is only partally painted. Very odd....it is like they started and forgot to finish. Lots of dry rot around the windows and doors. I feel that someone needs to take the time to do some work. It's such a nice location...but they are cutting corners. I actually wanted to send an e-mail to the hotel directly but you can't do that.....NO contact info listed for anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
wilkes-barre, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a 3 day getaway here and it was one of our best trips ever the staff was very friendly rooms were spacious and clean views were breathtaking I would highly recommend it every room has a great view if Seneca lake

• Stayed December 2012
North Augusta, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were a group of 4 couples meeting for a reunion at the Belhurst. We all stayed in the "old" part of the castle and loved all the original features and charm expecially the hidden wine faucet right outside our rooms. The meals served were delicious and sitting around the outdoor firepit overlooking the lake was the perfect place for all of us to get re-aquainted.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
canandaigua New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our 45th wedding anniversary, so soon after the holidays, often sneaks up on us. We decided at the last minute to try Belhurst Castle. We found that our "package" included very nice accomodations with in room jacuzzi , fireplace and gorgeous lake view plus generous treats, wine, chocolates, local snack foods, voucher for casual dinner in the "pub" and breakfast. Since we already had gift certificates for the spa, we enjoyed their services and atmosphere there so much. We are not experienced "spa" people and the staff there could not have been more gracious and skilled. We enjoy Stonecutters, the casual restaurant, and the full breakfast in the main restaurant, Edgars , was delicious with lovely friendly service (thanks christina). All the staff were cordial and helpful. While a one night getaway was a splurge for us, it is quite reasonably priced, and the setting gives one the sense of a real escape from every day life. Belhurst is popular for weddings, a gorgeous setting, but I would highly recommend it for couples of any age for a romantic stay.

Room Tip: We prefer slightly more contemporary rooms in the Vinifera wing. The historic character of the cast...
Oakfield, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife & I recently stayed at Belhurst for a romantic getaway. This is one of our favorite locations to get away for a night. Our room included a fireplace & jacuzzi. Even in the winter, the view of Seneca Lake is great. All guests receive complimentary wine tasting, plus discounted purchases at the gift shop. Our meal was delicious. I highly recommend Belhurst Castle. You won't be disappointed.

ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at the Vinifera Inn last week and had a fantastic time. It is the new addition to Belhurst Castle where we previously stayed. The lake front room was just gorgeous, with fireplace and jacuzzi in bedroom.
We only had one problem, which was turning on gas fireplace. There was no wall switch and you had to get on your knees and turn a knob right inside the screen. Seemed like a very dangerous situation, esp, when trying to turn off.
Aside from that, this place is wonderful, great bar and restaurant. Two thumbs up.

Room Tip: I would definitely suggest lake side.
Lockport, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had never been to Seneca Lake, and was recommended to stay at Belhurst. My boyfriend and I stayed at White Springs Manor, about 2 miles away from the castle. It was nestled in a residential area, and a great location. Our room was very spacious. We had a gas fireplace, jacuzzi, and additional suite attached to the room. I loved the chocolate suckers placed on the bed. The bathroom could have had more storage space, but other than that, the room was great. We also had a beautiful view of the vineyards from our room. I did find that some of the staff did not seem very happy about working at the place. While we were checking out, an employee was complaining about coming in that day and some of the staff did not say hello back to me when I greeted him or her. The staff that we dealt with directly were very pleasant though. Stonecutter's food (casual dining located inside the hotel) was amazing, I had chili with a bread bowl. I would highly recommend that restaurant. I would return to the Belhurst if I ever go back in the future to the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Belhurst - Chambers in the Castle? Share your experiences!