“I finally treated myself to an hour massage session @ Isabella spa in the Belhurst.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Belhurst - Chambers in the Castle

and 1 more site!
You added Belhurst - Chambers in the Castle to your Saves list
Belhurst - Chambers in the Castle
4069 Route 14 South, Geneva, NY 14456   |
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

I've been in Healthcare for 20 years & I have always been the one treating patients. Whenever I'm in the area, I try to stay at one of the Belhurst properties. It's a great spot to get away from the hustle & bustle of the daily grind. I have been traveling alot this year, and the long flights & sitting has taken a toll on my body.
My wife suggested I unwind & get a massage, while we where on this trip. I took her advise, & it was the best thing I've done all year for myself. I couldn't believe how rejuvenated I was! It was the perfect ending to our stay at my favorite spot in the finger lakes

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We chose to stay in the castle just for the experience and history. I did not have high expectations after reading some of the reviews. The rooms are certainly showing wear and tear. The bathroom especially, had a lot of cracked tile and needed some work. There was no light over the bathtub, so it was quite dark. Rug was just ok. Small tube tv. Living room area in a serious need of updated furniture.

That being said, it was still a unique experience and neat to be in a room with history. We explored the other levels and looked at all the old pictures. We ate at the hotel's more casual restaurant and it was very good. The wine tasting in the gift shop area was fun as well.

I would definitely come back to this property, but next time I would stay in the newer Vinifera Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful weekend. Our room want as luxurious as we expected, but the bathroom was wonderful and the castle was perfect. Doing the wine your route around the lake it's a must!

• Stayed February 2012
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

We recently stayed in the Vinifera Inn and it was awesome! The Vinifera is attached to and part of the Belhurst. But it is brand new. We were in a party of 12 and everyone else was in the older Belhurst side of the hotel. After taking a tour and visiting all the 6 rooms we had, let's just say I am glad we were in the newer part. None of their rooms had a view or a fireplace or a jacuzzi.

What made the Vinifera so cool is the room is actually very big - it is like the space of two rooms. Plus there is a gas fireplace which you simply turn on. That was very romantic. Also there is a view of lake Seneca out this huge picture window. Very cool.

The other great thing is there is a jacuzzi in the corner of the room. We used the jacuzzi in the evening and then again in the morning before checking out. You simply fill it with hot water and this took about 10 minutes to do so.

With the extra large room, the fireplace, the jacuzzi and the lake view, this was the best room I have ever stayed in. Period. And I have stayed in a lot of hotel rooms!

You pay a little more for the Vinifera rooms but it is worth it.

We highly recommend the Vinifera.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo/Niagara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Visited the Belhurst Castle for the first time for a Birthday getaway. Was very pleased with the accommodations in the new addition to the property and the excellent service in the hotel, restaurant, and spa. The room has great attention to detail and everything you'd want is provided. Being massaged through a birthday is an outstanding way to go. We stay in the Finger Lakes region often, and were surprised this place wasn't on our radar before. It is now and we'd love to come back.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a lakeview
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Had sucha wounderful time here and loved how spoiled we all felt, great service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband and I have been coming to Belhurst for many years. It is the one place that we always go for our special celebratons, and well worth the drive from Canada. We have seen many changes in the castle over the years, but some things never change. The castle itself is so beautiful and romantic, and the service is always top-notch, so when we're there we feel a bit like royalty. We enjoy antiquing, and always find lots to do in the area. The meals at Edgars are very well prepared, and the buffets and prix-fixe dinners are a good value considering the quality of the food. However, we do miss the free continental breakfast we used to get when staying as overnight guests. I also hope that someday they'll install automatic doors where you come in. I figure if I'm struggling with the doors and my luggage, how much more difficult it would be for someone who's elderly or disabled or travelling with kids? All in all, the castle is still our favourite destination, and is highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Belhurst - Chambers in the Castle? Share your experiences!