“Delightful, Beautiful and Relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast
527 South Main Street, Geneva, NY 14456 (Formerly Bragdon House Bed and Breakfast)   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Geneva B&B and Inns
Staten Island NY
“Delightful, Beautiful and Relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

Got to stay there one nite on the spur of the moment. I truly needed just to get away. Jen and Diana are the most perfect hostesses. The home is impectable, the atmosphere truly friendly and the Di room ... Oh what a dream is all I can say! I didn't want to leave. I will surely return.

Roseann - Staten Island, NY

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dalton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

My wife and I stayed three nights at the Bragdon House in the middle of September. Our daughter chose the B&B based on Trip Advisor ratings and reviews. We stayed in the Betty Room. The room was very quiet and had a nice sunrise view of the lake.While there we took a wine tour given by Jen. The Bragdon lived up to all our expectations. The breakfasts were great, Jen made us awesome omelets our first morning. Our first afternoon we spend quietly on the porch, overlooking the lake, sipping our wine. The perfect start to a getaway. Jen's knowledge of the area made our wine tour quite an event. We toured around Keuka Lake. Jen's dining recommendations did not fail us. Our third night we celebrated with two couples from Connecticut, what a blast! We wished our stay could have been longer, but I am sure we will return. Jen and her mom Dianne have created a wonderful B&B, very warm and welcoming, Well deserving of their #1 rating!

Reading, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

The excellent reviews from other travelers are what drew us to Bragdon House, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice.

Jennifer is an amazing hostess! Genuinelly friendly and eager to please, she is a true joy to be around. And we had plenty of time to get to know her, since we were guests for three nights and made the excellent decision to take the winery tour with her.

There are truly hundreds of wineries in the area to choose from, and we could have wasted a lot of time at places whose wines were either so-so or different from our preferences. Jen not only chauffeured, she introduced us to owners and steered us toward the best tasters ("They have everything to do with whether or not you have a good experience," according to Jen.) AND got us a few discounts on wine to boot!

As far as accommodations, the atmosphere is cozy, welcoming, and the furnishings (Jen's mom, Diane, has quite a flare for the unique!) had us exclaiming more than once, "Look at that! I didn't notice that before!" And what other people said about the beds and pillows is true--amazingly comfortable and cozy!

And speaking of Diane....She's just as much fun and accommodating as her daughter. Guess that's where Jen got it from! After our winery tour, my stomach was a little queasy (I didn't think I'd had THAT much to drink!), so my husband went to dinner alone. Later in the evening, I mentioned to Diane that I should've had him bring me back some bread, and guess what. Five minutes later, Diane came out to the living room with a warm croissant and butter just for me, and it was EXACTLY what I needed. Throughout our stay, we found Jen and Diane to be very in tune with our needs (and yes, Jen accommodated my husband's desire for a plain omelette, while the rest of us had a delicious veggie omelette with goat cheese--yum!).

We've already made plans to return to the area and will absolutely stay with Jen and Diane again. We couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

I am writing this review still sitting on the bed of our room at the Bragdon House B&B. I didn't want to get caught up in the business of life and forget to submit one. The Bragdon House is beautiful with old time charm mixed with relaxing colors and perfect furnishings (due largely to Diane, we hear :) I much prefer B&B's because they make me feel more relaxed and homey instead of hotels. Our problem is that my husband and I have still have children at home and so when we get away we are very anxious for some peace and alone time. Although we have tried many B&B's (to make me happy) my husband always feels awkward being in someone elses home. This is the first time he felt completely at home. Jen and Diane were so relaxed and friendly but also gave us plenty of space. They made us feel at home without us having to take care of all we usually have to. The breakfasts were amazing and their smiles and laughter contagious. Thank you both for a very special few days away from our wonderful but hectic lives.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We arived at the Bragdon House on a Monday to stay for the night not knowing what to expect. We were greeted by Jennifer and her mother, both of whom are more hospitible than you can imagine. Jen was very helpful in giving us a rundown of the lake and also pointed us in the right direction as far as wineries go. She also provided us with details in the evening so we could get some good food at a place showing the baseball game. In the morning breakfast was served in the dining room at 9am and was amazing. My only regret is not staying longer.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Cape Cod, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Don't even consider staying anywhere else. Jennifer and Dianna have a first class operation goin on at the Bragdon House. We stayed in the Phoebe, and that was hands down the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The house itself is a gem, with great views of the lake and an easy walk down town. We did the wine tour with Jen on Saturday and had a really great time. She knows all of the wineries and took us to some really nice places. Breakfast each morning was a real treat, Jen's a great cook! I'd give six stars if I could!

ajinohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

We had a wonderful time during our five day stay at the Bragdon House. Jen and Diane's friendly atmosphere made us feel right at home. We stayed in the Phoebe, which had a lake view, a large bathroom, and an extremely comfortable bed. The breakfasts were fabulous and Jen was very accomodating to individual tastes. We received expert advice on the wineries, restaurants, and attractions in the area. We hope to return to the Finger Lakes and the Bragdon House.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to 1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!