“The Best B&B in the Finger Lakes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast
You added 1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
527 South Main Street, Geneva, NY 14456 (Formerly Bragdon House Bed and Breakfast)   |
Offers & Announcements
$300 for 2 nights in May
Ranked #1 of 10 Geneva B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“The Best B&B in the Finger Lakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

If you're travelling to the Finger Lakes, or need a half way stop between the East Coast and Canada, stay here. It's a genuine treasure. The welcome was fantastic and the room I stayed in (the Betty) even better than it looked on the website. The personal touches - being asked if I'd like a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers when I arrived after a long drive, being asked what my favourite breakfast was and then being presented with it the next morning, the basket of DVDs outside my room, and the endless supply and variety of magazines (which I was told I could help myself to if I wanted something for the flight home) are just a few of the things that made this a really great place to stay. Jennifer and Di are great hostesses - there when you feel like being sociable and leaving you to your own devices if you want peace and quiet. Quite the best place I stayed in during my entire trip.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

The Bragdon House B&B was a great place to start our honeymoon off. The bed was cozy and the breakfast was wonderful! Thanks Jennifer! Emily and Keith Miller

Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

My husband and I traveled with some friends in August and we had the pleasure of staying at the Bragdon House B&B. The atmosphere was warm and cozy. I particularly enjoyed the night air on the open patio where we could visit in a home like setting. The rooms were clean, linens were clean and crisp, and the breakfast was superb.
Jen and Diane made us feel welcome and comfortable. We look forward to visiting again in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

We traveled from Michigan to Geneva, N.Y. for our daughters' wedding. We were hot and stressed until we entered the Bragdon House. Jennifer made us feel right at home and showed us all the rooms. It was fun selecting the rooms for family and two visiting bridesmaids. My 28 year old son enjoyed the manly room on the first floor. His sister, the bride, stayed in the lovely "Betty"room. For four mornings I woke up to the sun rising over the lake. All the beds are comfortable with beautiful bed linens. The towels are plentiful,and shower robes are plush.
One of my favorite places is the lake view screened porch. I read,napped, and enjoyed time with my family and the resident pug "Bubba" and cats Dexter and Millie.
I have asthma and am greatly compromised when near perfume and cigarette smoke.The Bragdon House is smoke -free and I was pleased to read that people are requested to refrain from perfume at breakfast.
Two individuals had food restrictions and were graciously accommodated. The food was excellent !!
Diane has a flair for decorating and the house was certainly food for the eyes.
The photographer took many pictures in the B & B. The spiral staircase, picture perfect !
Then off to the church, my lovely daughter.
Our stay at the Bragdon House was PRICELESS!!!!!
It was peaceful, relaxing, and provided much serenity for my family.
Harvey and I felt the time spent here was a honeymoon, we never had 31 years ago.
We will certainly return on a regular basis. It is an environment to rest, read, write, enjoy the water, wine country,railroad excursion, etc. and we are looking forward to our next stay at the Bragdon House.
Becky & Harvey Lyons
Ann Arbor,Michigan

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

We stayed at Bragdon House for just one night en route from Ithaca to Toronto during a short Finger Lakes tour with our 19-year-old daughter. We often stay in small inns and Bed and Breakfasts because they offer a much more personal and memorable experience than a chain hotel. We were certainly not disappointed by Bragdon House! It is a handsome and lovingly decorated 1901 residence set on a street of lovely old homes just south of downtown Geneva. The ultra-warm and friendly owners, the mother-daughter team of Diana and Jen Wenz, are wonderfully hospitable and definitely made our stay extra-special. Geneva is well-located for exploring the area wineries (and, although we didn't have time to take one, Jen herself offers winery tours) and there are nice restaurants within walking distance or a short drive away.

My husband and I stayed in The Phoebe and our daughter in The Betty. Both are charming, cozy and very clean rooms, individually decorated to reflect the home's age. Each has its own good-sized bathroom, generously supplied with towels, toiletries and other comforts. The Phoebe looks out over Lake Geneva and we were rewarded with a view of a lovely sunrise from our very, very comfy king-sized bed. Our daughter also loved her very pretty room.

The public spaces in the house are many and delightful. I especially enjoyed the screen porch where I read and relaxed while my husband had a pre-dinner snooze in our room. upstairs. It was such a pleasure after several hours of driving to just sit and look out over the lake and listen to the twitter of birds bellying up to the bird feeders while the soft breezes blew through .

Breakfast, prepared by an effervescent Jen, was outstanding -- tasty home-made scones, excellent blueberry pancakes served with New York maple syrup and sausages, and fresh fruit salad. We truly felt spoiled!

We would definitely stay at Bragdon House should we come to Geneva again. If we do, we would like to take one of the wine tours offered by Jen. No doubt it would be excellent and certainly a lot of fun!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

My wife and I stayed for two nights at Bragdon House. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. Jennifer, our hostess was very helpful in assisting us in choosing restaurants, wineries, travel routes, etc. The house is beautiful and well-kept. It is very roomy and there are lots of places to have quiet time or mingle with the other guests, both inside and out. We stayed in "Di's Suite". It was very spacious and extremely comfortable. Breakfasts were delicious, with an emphasis on locally-produced food. We enjoyed a very relaxing two-day stay.
Thanks Jennifer and Diane!

Wash DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Just got back from a 1 night stay at Bragdon House and we have to say it was absolutely delightful! Jen and Diana are the warmest hostesses you'll ever meet, and we've been to many B&b's thru the years. We stayed at B house last year and were welcomed back like family. The two decks outside (screened and unscreened) offer a gorgeous view of the lake and make great meeting and relaxing places to drink your favorite wine and share wine and conversation with the other guests. You can walk anywhere in Geneva from here. The rooms were clean, the food yummy (moist muffins, Jen!) and the company engaging and genuine. Don't miss the wine tour...Jen is a not only an expert but what fun we had!! We can't recommend the Bragdon highly enough!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to 1907 Bragdon House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!