“Did a lot with an older property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Geneseo
Chicago, Illinois
“Did a lot with an older property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I was skeptical when I rolled up to this hotel. It is an older hotel than neighboring properties. But the staff are exceptional. The check-in was flawless. The public areas and rooms have been updated nicely. Mattresses are very comfortable. Cleanliness is a premium here. The breakfast was complete and neat as a pin.

If cleanliness service and cleanliness is important to you, you can't go wrong with this property.

Property has a well-kept pool and islocated on a bust strip with close access to restaurants, groceries and a Walmart.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GOLFNut T

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Hotel is threadbare and in poor repair. Breakfast was marginal. Room (1 queen bed) was very small and bathroom was equally small and needs updating. Larger room (2 queen beds) was adequate size. Pool is nicest part of the hotel.they do take dogs for a reasonable price, which is why we chose it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Auburn, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Saw some iffy reviews, but we were in the area for a concert and needed a place to stay and there aren't a whole lot of options in the area. Called the hotel as we were going to arrive around 1AM and I was concerned no one would be at the desk. Guy reassured me no problem, and I was happy to see someone wide awake when I arrived. Checked into the room, nicer than expected, clean, comfortable beds, flatscreen TV, etc. Went for breakfast next morning in their dining area as they have the standard free buffet. Decent food, pleasant staff. Definitely a nice hotel. Gave it a 4 instead of a standard 3 for these types of hotels, as the lobby area was decorated with more of an Inn feeling, and the pleasant staff.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank PAJAY
Mississauga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. The hotel is very clean and modern. The room is comfortable, with fridge and microwave. Good breakfast is provided. The Internet is fast enough. There is an outside swimming pool. The location is not far (15 km) from the northern entrance to the Letchworth State Park (a 'must see' place). There are restaurants and stores around. A bit expensive comparing to other hotels of the same chain, but nice.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank TravellerMississauga
Athens, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed here as a stop-over on our way to Niagra Falls, Canada. We were looking for a place close to Letchworth State Park which we wanted to see on our trip. I had originally booked at the Country Inn & Suites at Mt. Morris, but changed to this Quality Inn because the price was better. The room was very spacious with 2 comfortable queen beds and it even had a fridge & microwave. The wifi was very fast and free and the free breakfast was very nice. They had a nice-sized breakfast room with plenty of tables and nice choices of boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, fruits & yogurts and pastries. BUT....this hotel has no elevator which frankly I couldn't believe. All of the rooms were inside yet we had to drag our luggage up two steep flights of stairs to get to our rooms. I'm assuming they must save their 1st floor rooms for the handicapped. I've never seen a hotel of this size without an elevator.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor if you don't want to drag your luggage up stairs - no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Niskayuna, New York
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,072 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed here last night on a visit to family in the area. I had made a reservation one month prior and was a bit staggered by the rate I got, even with a AAA discount ($159 plus taxes). Yes, it was Fourth of July, but they were nowhere near capacity and as far as I know, Geneseo is NOT an Independence Day Destination.

We checked in quite late and found the desk fella on the phone, haranguing someone (whom I hope was a personal friend, not a potential guest). He was brusque, chilly and (maybe he had wanted to be elsewhere or resented us for interrupting his phone call) and JUST THIS SIDE of rude. (I don't like it when front desk employees gesture for me to hand over my VISA card.) I'm not at my sunny best at 11 pm, but when I worked in the hospitality industry, you can bet I managed to fake it.

Our room, 206, was accessed through corridors which smelled of apple fritters and a stairwell which smelled of feet. The room was clean, basic and reasonably comfortable. The bathroom was well-lit and immaculate. My husband had to fix the toilet.

The included breakfast ameliorated the sticker price of our stay somewhat. The food was edible and the breakfast room people were very nice.

Check out was handled by a marginally more pleasant young man who was JUST THIS SIDE of fresh.

I may be getting crotchety as I advance in years, but courtesy is a FREE commodity. The front desk folks at this establishment need to learn how to be a bit more polite to guests who have other options in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Lori12309
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The hotel is very clean, we had a great check in and it is very close to several restaurants. Wifi is very fast. The only issues are there is no guest laundry room nor is there an elevator. We are on a one year trip across America and we do need to do our laundry every few days. It was disappointing as we have never encountered this problem before. Any other hotel we have stayed in previously has had a laundry room. The lack of an elevator was no big issue for us but we know that many people do not like to carry their luggage up a flight of steps. This hotel is great otherwise.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oneyearride
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneseo
Hampton Inn Geneseo
RIT Inn & Conference Center
RIT Inn & Conference Center
#14 of 16 in Henrietta
3.0 of 5 stars 110 reviews

Been to Quality Inn Geneseo? Share your experiences!