“I wish I lived closer!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I wish I lived closer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

If I lived closer to Geneseo, I'd be back on a regular basis! I had the Quattro lunch (oink, oink...); it was amazing! The corn chowder was rich and full of flavor, the turkey sandwich was delicious, the homemade potato chips were very tasty, and the cookie was very good.

This was my first visit; I'll definitely be back. I may even stay at the inn; it's very cute!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Slingerlands, New York
“Historic Inn in the Heart of Geneseo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped in during a accepted students visit at SUNY Geneseo. We ate in the tavern as we were not very hungry. You can have the tavern or full menu there. The building is an 1800's inn that has been restored in recent years. We found the overall atmosphere to be very warm and historical and the tavern was quiet and comfortable on a Monday night. The full menu prices are on the expensive side but there was a lot of variety listed. We ate from the tavern menu and our food was well prepared and the service friendly and prompt. They had a good selection of draft beer with various micro-brews. We spent $40 for two including tax and tip. We would return for another visit the next time we are in town.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Buffalo, New York
“same as others-good food, slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

A very nice and dining experience which allows for casual attire. The food was very good, and I did not think it overpriced. A very good half pound burger for $12 and a lobster mac and cheese for about the same price. Lunch meal for two adults and one child, with beverages, and no appetizer was under $40 before tip. It doesn't sound like much food, but we walked away full. Service left something to be desired-slow and relatively inattentive despite only a handful of patrons at the time. If you can accept the service, the food is worth the stop.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Relaxing pre-valentine dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Due to other commitments we decided to have our Valentine's dinner out the night prior and chose Big Tree Inn. The staff is very friendly and attentive with knowledge of what offer.

After ordering a new wine, the bartender even took the time to come to our table asking how it was. Christine is a real asset to Big Tree Inn. Then I was undecided between 2 of the new chicken dishes but once our waiter heard Chicken Florentine he got genuinely excited and said that was his favorite. He was spot on, excellent choice!

The pub area is warm and cozy offering many seating options. The Big Tree Inn is a good stop for a drink, snack or dinner. They have it all!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Norwich, New York
“Yummy but missing some key Thanksgiving items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

The food was good but for Thanksgiving they should have raised the price and added more items to their dinner. No Sweet Potatos, corn or Creamed onions.... Maybe a buffet would have worked too? The waittress seemed very stressed out and I think it might have been because of her boss... :( I felt bad for her. All and all a lovely resturant.

Visited November 2012