“Fun time” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Gloversville, New York
“Fun time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped on a Saturday night while visiting our daughter at SUNY Geneseo. We had never been here before and when arrived it was quit crowded. The hostess said it would be 40 minutes for a table. We were lucky enough to get three seats at the bar. They have a nice selection of beers on tap. The bar manager(Chris) was very helpful and knew his beers. We had a wonderful time talking with the bartenders and the other patrons at the bar. Tasted several interesting beers. After 15 minutes our table was ready(I almost gave our table away because we were having such a good time at the bar).
Nice selection of food, from salads, pub food and dinners. All three of us enjoyed our meals(taco salad, italian cheeseburger, and chicken french).
If you are in town stop here! Can't wait to go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a very nice local restaurant / tavern that serves very good food and has a very friendly staff. The owner even sat down with me to talk for 15 minutes after I told him how satisfied I was with my meal.

Visited January 2013
Aylmer, ON
“Almost worth the noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was recommended to us by our hotel. We weren't going to be too picky because it was Thanksgiving evening and we weren't sure about finding anywhere else. It was crowded with the stand-ups from the college sampling the over 30 beers on tap. Because of that it was noisy and we had trouble having a conversation. However the staff took good care of us and the burgers were excellent.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Upstate New York
“Try the Classic Burger. It's good--VERY good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Really liked the burger I had. Went with the Village Tavern's "Classic" with cheese, which was their most basic burger--large, thick and very juicy. I ordered it cooked Medium and that's how it was served. It comes with fresh lettuce, tomato and a red onion slice (which I skipped), and a nice piece of cheddar on top. The burger and the bun were so thick and juicy, I enjoyed it without ketchup or anything else--very filling and really good. The burger also came with a side of chips made right on premises, which were warm and nicely salted--much better than ordinary potato chips. Price was reasonable, service was very good--all in all, a good. solid burger plate I highly recommend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“A Sports Bar with Class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

What a nice surprise the Village Tavern is. With televisions on various walls, it easily could have been just another loud sports bar with mediocre food, but no! The Village Tavern has delicious burgers and - shockingly, I know - one of the best New England clam chowders I have ever tasted. The service is excellent and efficient and management is overly friendly. I hear it's great for dinner, too, but I know I wouldn't go anywhere else for lunch next time I'm in Geneseo!

• Visited October 2012