“Place of Zen, basically!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Annabel Lee B&B Inn

The Annabel Lee B&B Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneseo
The Annabel Lee B&B Inn
You added The Annabel Lee B&B Inn to your Saves list
16 Main Street, Geneseo, NY 14454   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Geneseo B&B and Inns
Stanhope, New Jersey
“Place of Zen, basically!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had stayed at The Annabel Lee B&B on July 4th Weekend with my fiance! I must say, ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! The moment I had walked in the front door, I was greeted by the very welcoming, friendly Inn Keeper, Pattie! She made us feel like we were in the comfort of our own home! telling us pretty much that the entire house is ours and to feel free to help ourselves with whatever we may have wanted/needed! There were no boundaries! The rooms were very beautiful and very well kept along with the bathrooms, which every room has its own! BRILLIANT! Everything was quiet and relaxing. The breakfast could not have been better. Several different choices of bread for toast which were all very delicious and the coffee was definitely some of the best. The surrounding area is also magnificent. Pattie had recommended many different attractions and only if we had more time, we would have done each and every one of them. WE WILL BE GOING BACK AND WILL RECOMMEND OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!! some for no other reason than to just experience the amazing, beautiful, Annabel Lee!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
syosset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My fourteen year old son and I checked into the Annabell Lee B & B Inn on 6/24/13. I made this reservation over the phone and didn't expect the service that was given to me when I arrived. Pattie took us to our room and gave me a lecture of how to use the common appliances, from the Jacuzzi to bathroom and central air, etc. She was basically treating me like a two year old. When I asked her if I could check out 10 to 15 minutes later than 11 am, she gave me a lecture that made me feel that I was being discriminated by her. She asked me my schedule for the day and basically told me to check out at 7 am, while she serves breakfast between 8 to 10 AM . I changed my plans and told her that I would leave at 7 am and be back for breakfast at 9:30. There were a few chocolate chip cookies left in the porch at night time. Is that what you call baked goods? I mean really!!!! In addition, we felt that her main priority was to clean all of the rooms for the next guests, rather than accommodating the needs of us, her current guests. For breakfast, she put out two different type of breads with butter and jelly on the counter. She put some cinnamon buns, a few pieces of watermelon, two fruit yogurts, and a small egg omelet (quiche) . There was one and a half cups of coffee in the pot that changed its color similar to that of gutter water, which is black. She told my son to go help himself with the juice from the fridge. I was shocked with her comments and we had just a few bites before we decided we needed to leave place. I wouldn't stay at this property even if I was desperate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I've never been one for the B&B experience, but this may be my British mindset for this was simply delightful. The welcome is warm. . Bedrooms all different but they are spacious, well equipped and the location peaceful so you get a great sleep.

It has all the amenities of a large chain hotel but with a warm American welcome & service.

It's also located right by the university and in the Main Street which makes it ideal for most things.

You can make tea, toast any time you want as you have access to a kitchen.

Brilliant!

• Stayed June 2013
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

A wonderfully maintained classic B&B in Geneseo, NY. Patti (the owner) is really friendly and helpful. She knows the area and the town and has excellent recommendations of things to do and see. Letchworth state park is a must see. Location is excellent. Rooms have nice views and private baths and are really well kept. Breakfasts are hand done each morning and are a great selection of hand made breads, egg dishes and cereals etc.
This is a first class Victorian B&B!!

Room Tip: Call at least 5 weeks in advance--rooms towards the back are really quiet and pleasant
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Slingerlands, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Victorian B&B is very convenient to the college in Geneseo. It is a Victorian era house that is well maintained and charming. We stayed in the Hummingbird Nest on the top floor. This room has a private bath in the hallway near the room. The room is nicely but simply decorated and is on the smaller size with a one bed suitable for a couple. There is a chair but no desk. You could sit in the kitchen area if you wanted to work. Being on the top floor of a Victorian the room has many angles to it and does have plenty of closet space. The room has a small balcony accessible through a window that doubles as a small door. We didn't use it because it was cold outside.

The breakfast was a light buffet in a pleasant kitchen / breakfast room accessible to the guests. The owner is very pleasant and left her cell phone number with you in case of any issues. We would return again to this B&B.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here recentlywhen my son was looking at Geneseo. Patti the owner is friendly and helpful. The bed was extremely comfortable. It is extremely convenient to the college. There is a nice breakfast buffet. I had a room that had a wonderful view of the sunset! Now that my son has decided to attend Geneseo, this will certainly be my first choice to stay in town. Even after one visit, it felt like my home away from home!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was in town with my daughter to visit SUNY Geneseo and needed a place to stay. Called Patty on the phone, she returned my call promptly and booked the reservation for me. When we arrived she was there to welcome us and show us around. I was in Anna's room with a large and comfortable bed, private bath, beautiful windows and close to the kitchen area. It was nice and quiet and had a great nights rest. The offstree parking right behind the building was very convenient and the location is ideal to get to the campus or any place on Main St. I would definitley go back if my daughter decides to attend Geneseo

Room Tip: I'm 6'4" so Anna's room was great for me with large bed. the rooms on the very top...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Annabel Lee B&B Inn? Share your experiences!