We held our daughter's wedding at The Garrison on a glorious Sunday afternoon. It was spectacular. We have received glowing compliments from all our guests. The food was wonderful, the staff professional and attentive, the wine flowing and the location beyond breathtaking. We wouldn't change a moment.
I worked with Jennifer. For months she and I discussed every tiny detail of this day. Jennifer was there for us every minute of the day, even before the day....as we checked into the inn the day before. She made us feel that she genuinely cared about us, that our day was as special to her as it was to us. She promised to help make the day perfect, and she delivered completely.
Our daughter is a vegan and had many dietery concerns. We met with the chef, Brandon who took the time to create an entree and cocktail hour food that our daughter, as well as our guests would enjoy. They even had a special pitcher of soy milk for her coffee!
The food at The Garrison is a cut well above standard catering hall food. It is prepared by the same talented team that prepares the food for the Valley restaurant. Their committment to fresh, local ingredients is apparent in everything they do. The food was praised from table to table.
Our immediate family stayed at the Inn the evening before the wedding. The rooms are tranquil and lovely. Even the bride slept well on the night before her wedding! We enjoyed a beautifully presented breakfast (which is included) on the terrace on the morning of the wedding. We began a hectic day in peace, overlooking the magnicient mountains surrounded by beautiful grounds.
I have read the previous posts regarding events at this venue. I can not speak to other situations at prior events. If there were problems here before, trust me.....they have been completely and totally eliminated. I will tell you that anyone who is reluctant to have their wedding at The Garrison based on those reviews, is cheating themselves out of a very special experience.
We will be forever grateful to everyone at The Garrison for the memories they created for us. It was perfect!!!
Very happy mother of the bride....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garrison is a 300-acre property located one hour north of Manhattan in the spectacular Hudson Highlands, where the Appalachian mountains cross the Hudson River. Amenities include an 18-hole Dick Wilson-designed golf course, critically-acclaimed restaurant "Valley", a four-room inn, party and meeting spaces for up to 230 people, yoga center, day spa and salon and fitness studio. The Garrison grows its own produce in season on-property for its restaurants, following organic practices. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Garrison -Inn, Golf, Restaurant And Events
- The Garrison -Inn, Golf, Restaurant & Events Hotel Garrison
- The Garrison Hotel Events