“Steal your money and not think twice” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gardiner
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner to your Saves list
50 Bevier Rd., Gardiner, NY 12525   |
Special Offer
5 Night Early Summer
Kingston ny
“Steal your money and not think twice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

This RV park only cares about the $! I went to this park may 12th 2012 to celebrate my nephews birthday and mothers day. We booked for the weekend and memorial day weekend as well. When my family came for the party they were force to pay $20 a person and &
$8 for children. You are only allowed 4 people at your site so if you have 3 kids you must pay an extra $40 a night for you child to come! After my sister and husband came that was it. No more they told my other sister and my brother they were not allowed to enter. My brother was able to stop in ONLY to drop my mom off flowers and was told " you have15 mins if your not gone security will come and remove you." I would strongly recommend look elsewhere for a site that is more family friendly.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Asbury Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

We didn't actually get to stay here, site was closed as they have no power. Instead of refunding us our money they are "holding the money on account" for future use. Even though many in our part don't live in the US and won't be returning. When i called them they said it was a corporate decision by Leisure Systems (who i called and they said that was definitely not the case and the site is privately owned and managed and make their own decisions). When i queried it they were rude, i was told by "John" that he was too busy to talk to me, he raised his voice and then he hung up on me. I was told they don't care what my plans are and they have no interest in helping me. I called again and asked for John's boss and "Mary" told me someone would call me back shortly (that was 24 hours ago). This place has rude and unhelpful staff and i am shocked at how they handle people.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wanaque, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

WE go camping at Yogi Bear every year and always have a great time. This year we stayed longer then usual and had even more fun. Plenty for the kids to do even arts and crafts. Very plesent and friendly staff, owners always around. Very clean and other campers are very friendly. Kids age 13 and 10 can be off on there own and I don't have to worry. Facilities are kept clean and grounds are well maintained. Lots of kids. Bring bikes.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Beautiful upstate ny location with history surrounded by mountains. The campground was well themed, friendly workers, once again beautiful park. Two nice pools with the best snack bar food I've had. A little bit pricy but you get what you pay for. They also have recreation and different weekend themes.

• Stayed July 2010
Scarsdale, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

We do a group camping trip each year and have no complaints about this campground. The review on having trouble renting a kayak is true -- but we just rented them when open - kayaking is pretty limited but children really enjoy it. We buy cheap plastic tubes before we go and the kids have a blast floating down the river and walking back up. Feels very safe, can bring bicycles. Bathrooms and showers are clean. Decent pool. Good "tiki" bar for lunch so you can grab a bite if the kids are swimming.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
yonkers
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

This is supposed to be a family and child friendly facility. The staff were unfriendly, unhelpful and sometimes downright nasty to guests. We saw BooBoo once and he just stood still while kids walked or were brought up for pictures. There were minimal activities for children and most (like arts and crafts) were in a small, dark, hot shed. The cabins we rented (which were overpriced) were clean inside but not outside. We had a blackout the last day and were not compensated for our losses. WHAT A MISTAKE!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Long Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed at Jellystone Lazy River with friends last week and there are a few things that potential campers might like to know.

First of all, and the most annoying, was that they advertise free Wireless Internet and then when you get there, it's actually $5 a day that you have to pay to the wireless company with your credit card. I brought it to their attention that their website says that the internet is free - they deny it saying that the cable is free, the internet is. I directed them to their website - but I didn't get free wireless.

Second - if you have a question about anything - be prepared to not get the answer because nobody knows anything.

Third, don't try to rent a bike or kayak - their rental office is only open when someone feels like opening it.

Being on the river was nice and the campground was clean. We had a nice time and had to work around their quirks.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Gardiner? Share your experiences!