“German Splurge” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“German Splurge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I absolutely love this restaurant. Can it be a wait to be seated, yes. Is it worth the wait, yes. This food is so good and fresh, and has such selection that I can eat here monthly and not have the same thing twice. The beer selection is fun with rotating German seasonals to choose from (both bottle and draft). Do yourself two favors when you go. Get anything off the menu, it will be good, but please try the homemade Bavarian pretzel, and always get a side of fresh, buttery spetzle. This stuff is a must have. Enjoy!

Katonah, New York, United States
“Worth A Trip If You Want The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Ach du Lieber is an expression in German. It's what you say when you can't believe something really has just happened. This is what I say with every visit to this German gem. I do not find many German restaurants in my travels. And most are not a good imitations. So when you find one like this you have found the leader in just what German food should be. We visit here twice a year from eighty miles away. They are in business for over 55 years. The atmosphere, the staff, the beers and of course yes the food. On my most recent visit I had the pleasure of experiencing the true Bavarian pretzel. Right out of the oven. Hot, caraway seeds and kosher salt. Served with both a sweet and grainey mustard. Simply to die for. I would go back with my wife one afternoon and sit at the bar just for the pretzels and the beers. Also excellent was my sandwich of Brats, saurerkraut and pumpernickle. Other dishes at our table, the hot brown sandwich, the pot roast, the spaetzel, Wiener Schnitzel all equally as pleasing. The prices also are very reasonable which always helps. Our server, I am sorry I don't have her name, was absolutly a pleasure. When we first arrived the kitchen was out of the pretzels. When she saw my reaction, she made sure before we were through, I got my pretzel. Thank you for that.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ny
“Good German food and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Have been going here since a I was a kid. It would be a treat for our parents to take us there. The food is good, with hearty German fare. There is also a lighter menu in the warmer months, not sure if so in the winter. Service is very nice and good as well. Will keep going back. Many fond memories here. PS-if you are a hiker there are some great trails nearby.

Visited April 2012
Red Hook, New York
“Awesome German food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time at this restaraunt . Going on tripadvisor proved to give the best advice go early.. We were a party of six two children the food beer and atmosphere were amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colonia, New Jersey
“Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Good food, good service, lively atmosphere. We particularly enjoyed the bread. The Weiner Schnizel was delicious.

Visited September 2012