“A wonderful venue for an extravagant and elegant wedding!” 4 of 5 stars

Garden City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Seventh Street, Garden City, NY 11530   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Bluffton, South Carolina
“A wonderful venue for an extravagant and elegant wedding!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I were recently at this hotel for a wedding. We arrived about 2:00 in the afternoon, and our room wasn't ready yet. The only place to eat was at the "Polo Lounge" in the hotel, so we ordered sandwiches and drinks. There were maybe 4 people eating at that time, but it took close to 50 minutes to get our sandwiches!!! I couldn't believe it. I was so hungry from our flight, I couldn't believe we had to wait so long. Finally our food arrived and it was very good! Our room was finally ready when we finished our lunch. It was a good size room and bed and the bathroom was very clean!
The wedding was amazing..the staff was very accommodating . The food was plentiful and attractively prepared. I'm glad we enjoyed this wonderful wedding, in spite of the slow service in housekeeping, and the lunch in the "Polo Lounge".

Room Tip: Don't accept a room on the 2nd floor, just above the ballroom. Too noisy when booked for a wedd...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Finnish first
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is a fine establishment, which is obvious from the moment one pulls into the parking lot. The landscaping is beautiful, and the valet attendants are quick to greet with a smile. My favorite part of staying at this hotel? The FOOD! I ordered room service and was not disappointed at all. So delicious!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
GraceKoerner, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
I am so happy that The Garden City Hotel exceeded your expectations starting with your arrival and continuing through your stay. I'm especially delighted that you enjoyed your meal from Room Service, recognizing that a wonderful dining experience is a highly satisfying part of travel. We have assembled a very talented culinary team and place great emphasis on all of our food and beverage offerings. Everything is scratch-made freshly each day. When visiting next I strongly recommend you try our Polo Steakhouse where we offer USDA Prime Grade dry aged steaks and a reknowned Craft Cocktail menu. I will pass along your accolades to our landscaping crew, valet parking attendants and In Room Dining staff who prepared your delicious meal. We look forward to hosting you upon your next and future visits to Garden City.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed for two nights on business recently, and had a lovely experience. The staff who served our meeting were outstanding, the food was incredible, and the hotel was exceptionally accommodating to our meeting needs. The location is also great -- 20 minute drive from JFK airport and right across the street from the Long Island Railway, which gets you into Penn Station, Manhattan is about 45 minutes (TIP--check the schedule first as trains only leave once an hour in off-peak and every 30 minutes in peak hours).

My only quibbles were with the room, which was newly renovated and spacious, but still didn't have a bath, and had very poor lighting (I had to move a bedside night lamp over to the desk so I could work). I was also on the 2nd floor, right across the hall from the meeting rooms which made for some annoying hallway background noise, but that didn't last past 6 pm so wasn't such a big deal. (TIP: Ask for a room on a higher level.)

They also have super cool amenities, like bikes you can take out around town, and a spa that looked great. I did not use any of these, but wish I had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT on the 2nd floor. They are across from meeting rooms, so it's loud. Lighting...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Jupiter, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My husband and I are from Garden City and after selling our home we needed a place to stay! The staff was very welcoming, assuring us whatever we needed would be taken care of! Rooms were beautiful, clean and the bed was VERY comfortable! Two nights we ordered room service and it was incredible! The hotel is in a great location! A very short walk into town with tons of restaurants! Well worth the money!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your glowing review. I am thrilled to hear that our welcoming staff, newly-renovated guest rooms and prime location in the heart of the quaint village of
Garden City were to your liking. So glad you slept well on our specially designed "Luxe Dreams" bed. I will also pass along your accolades regarding your room service meals to our In Room Dining staff. I'm so happy The Garden City Hotel provided a relaxing respite from the stress of selling your home.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Garden City Hotel is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and updated. All staff was very courteous and willing to help with questions. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. However, we did have some issues with the housekeeping. We returned to our room one day and our door was not only unlocked but ajar and open to the hallway. Luckily none of our belongings were stolen. We also didn't receive body wash until the last day of our stay, and our family in another room didn't receive shampoo. The Keurig in the room was convenient, but one pod of coffee for two people in a room was not sufficient for two heavy coffee drinkers. Also, there was a wedding on our last night, and we could hear the music on the fourth floor until one in the morning--it wasn't a great experience. I would return to stay at this hotel again, however I would not expect the best housekeeping.

Stayed May 2015
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our second visit to the Garden City Hotel and, once again, we were very pleased with our stay overall. We stayed two nights and this time we did not have an adjoining room, so sound proofing was much better than our visit in the fall. Once again, I was impressed with the professional and personal staff, from the valet parking attendant, to the doorman, to the reception desk personnel, and so on... I get the sense that they have been trained very well in how to greet visitors because the smiles on their faces and asking how our day was was a nice touch. It made you feel like your business was valuable to them. No one seemed bored with their job or out of sorts. And it's important, in my opinion, to project that pleasant and professional image in order to keep visitors coming back.

The room was impeccable again. I love the tile in the bathrooms - nicely done. While we did not have any special requests or room service, we did have breakfast in the restaurant both mornings. I noticed that the last time we came in the fall they had breakfast in the bar area and now it has moved into the main restaurant. Acoustics are not great in there so it was very loud even with us and only 4 other customers. It sounded like everyone was shouting but I think it was perhaps the echo from the walls and low ceiling (perhaps acoustic panels or artwork could be hung on the bare walls to buffer some of the echo?) Breakfast was good, however, although somewhat pricey. Wait staff were personable and professional.

Of note is that the restaurant manager (at least I think that's who it was) greeted us as we showed up for breakfast on Saturday and remembered us from our brief visit to the lounge the day before to get a drink. I like being remembered - that was a nice touch. Additionally, there was a male customer the second morning who I guess was insisting that he have a newspaper with his breakfast and I closely watched the manager who was profusely apologetic that they were all out of newspapers. The man was not pleased, from the look of it, but the manager then promised to get him a newspaper somehow and 10 minutes later came back with a newspaper. I was impressed with the manager's highly professional response in helping to solve the customer's perceived problem.

Since our daughter goes to nearby Hofstra, I am sure we will continue to stay at this hotel. We are very pleased overall.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
I am thrilled to hear that your second visit to The Garden City Hotel was just as good as your first visit. I will pass along your accolades to our amazing staff who made you feel very welcomed and comfortable during your stay. As you saw in the restaurant, we take pride in our commitment to guest satisfaction and strive each day to exceed all expectations. We will use your comments re the accoustics in the restaurant to guide our adjustments so that the dining experienced can be enhanced. Thank you for this helpful perspective. We look foward to hosting you on your next and future visits to Garden City.
Copiague, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I went here for their mothers day brunch. Oh my word! I have never been to a brunch so lavish. They held it in the main ballroom, and the room was absolutely beautiful. The food was very good, various carving stations, dessert island, the most amazing, incomparable seafood display, unlimited cocktails, etc. They serve more food than most weddings I've been to. It was a great day and all members of my party was full and very happy with the experience. I'm planning on going back next month.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
GraceKoerner, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your glowing review of our "lavish" Mother's Day Brunch. I am glad to read you enjoyed dining in the Hotel's beautifully renovated Balroom and I will pass along your accolades to our staff. So happy you plan to join us again next month for Sunday Brunch - we look forward to hosting you and your family on many future Sundays.

Been to Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!