“Incredibly Comfortable Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Jupiter, Florida
“Incredibly Comfortable Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I are from Garden City and after selling our home we needed a place to stay! The staff was very welcoming, assuring us whatever we needed would be taken care of! Rooms were beautiful, clean and the bed was VERY comfortable! Two nights we ordered room service and it was incredible! The hotel is in a great location! A very short walk into town with tons of restaurants! Well worth the money!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Garden City Hotel is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and updated. All staff was very courteous and willing to help with questions. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. However, we did have some issues with the housekeeping. We returned to our room one day and our door was not only unlocked but ajar and open to the hallway. Luckily none of our belongings were stolen. We also didn't receive body wash until the last day of our stay, and our family in another room didn't receive shampoo. The Keurig in the room was convenient, but one pod of coffee for two people in a room was not sufficient for two heavy coffee drinkers. Also, there was a wedding on our last night, and we could hear the music on the fourth floor until one in the morning--it wasn't a great experience. I would return to stay at this hotel again, however I would not expect the best housekeeping.

Stayed May 2015
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our second visit to the Garden City Hotel and, once again, we were very pleased with our stay overall. We stayed two nights and this time we did not have an adjoining room, so sound proofing was much better than our visit in the fall. Once again, I was impressed with the professional and personal staff, from the valet parking attendant, to the doorman, to the reception desk personnel, and so on... I get the sense that they have been trained very well in how to greet visitors because the smiles on their faces and asking how our day was was a nice touch. It made you feel like your business was valuable to them. No one seemed bored with their job or out of sorts. And it's important, in my opinion, to project that pleasant and professional image in order to keep visitors coming back.

The room was impeccable again. I love the tile in the bathrooms - nicely done. While we did not have any special requests or room service, we did have breakfast in the restaurant both mornings. I noticed that the last time we came in the fall they had breakfast in the bar area and now it has moved into the main restaurant. Acoustics are not great in there so it was very loud even with us and only 4 other customers. It sounded like everyone was shouting but I think it was perhaps the echo from the walls and low ceiling (perhaps acoustic panels or artwork could be hung on the bare walls to buffer some of the echo?) Breakfast was good, however, although somewhat pricey. Wait staff were personable and professional.

Of note is that the restaurant manager (at least I think that's who it was) greeted us as we showed up for breakfast on Saturday and remembered us from our brief visit to the lounge the day before to get a drink. I like being remembered - that was a nice touch. Additionally, there was a male customer the second morning who I guess was insisting that he have a newspaper with his breakfast and I closely watched the manager who was profusely apologetic that they were all out of newspapers. The man was not pleased, from the look of it, but the manager then promised to get him a newspaper somehow and 10 minutes later came back with a newspaper. I was impressed with the manager's highly professional response in helping to solve the customer's perceived problem.

Since our daughter goes to nearby Hofstra, I am sure we will continue to stay at this hotel. We are very pleased overall.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Copiague, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I went here for their mothers day brunch. Oh my word! I have never been to a brunch so lavish. They held it in the main ballroom, and the room was absolutely beautiful. The food was very good, various carving stations, dessert island, the most amazing, incomparable seafood display, unlimited cocktails, etc. They serve more food than most weddings I've been to. It was a great day and all members of my party was full and very happy with the experience. I'm planning on going back next month.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
GraceKoerner, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your glowing review of our "lavish" Mother's Day Brunch. I am glad to read you enjoyed dining in the Hotel's beautifully renovated Balroom and I will pass along your accolades to our staff. So happy you plan to join us again next month for Sunday Brunch - we look forward to hosting you and your family on many future Sundays.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here to get away from New York but still be close to the city. Train is right across the road, very easy to get into Manhattan. Front desk staff were extrmely helpful, bedrooms were very spacious and the bed was massive. Garden City is nice to walkaround.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled to hear that our accommodating staff, newly-renovated spacious guestrooms and prime location in the heart of Garden City - across the street from the train station to NYC - was to your liking. You noted that Garden City is nice to walk around. On your next visit to the Hotel, please use our complimentary bicycles (weather permitting) to tour the charming Village. Garden City really is a relaxing alternative to avoid the hustle bustle of staying in New York City -only a stress-free 45-minute train ride away.
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Garden City Hotel for business. Reviewing the web site ahead of time I was very excited. The dining looked amazing, not to mention the grounds. While the room was nicely appointed, clean offered free wifi, the bathroom mirror pointed to the floor. The bed was very good and the pillows excellent.

The dining was not what was presented on the website and the staff at the Polo Lounge was not welcoming. I stood for 10 minutes waiting to be seated, then assumed it was seat yourself, which I did. Then the hostess came by and took the menu from my table without a greeting and walked away. The menu was not as posted online. I was so looking forward to the Polo Pony cocktail and grilled octopus small plate. What was offered was lacking. So I opted to go get work done and get in my pj's and order room service. I ordered the lobster roll and apply cobble. If that was lobster, someone so over cooked it that is was salty and rubbery. Frankly the uniform pieces, texture and taste screamed imitation lobster to me. The apple crisp would have been nice with some spice, salt and sugar. It was just hot undercooked bland apples. The Coke was good though.

On arrival and departure, the front desk was wonderful. The grounds and neighborhoods around the hotel were lovely. A train station was not far away and the train whistle was barely heard through the night.

Overall, it was acceptable.

Room Tip: The rooms are not light tight, so if you want to sleep in, ask for a room that does not face the fro...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dublin, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

no amount of renovations make up for lousy service from personnel who just plain don't care.

free continental breakfast was a disaster! could not handle filling the order, had nothing available, took an hour and showed up even after I cancelled because I could not wait any longer. Spoke with manager who kept insisting he would make things right by sending up breakfast even though I told him three times I needed to leave for the hospital to see my sick mother, which was why I could not wait. I told him the free breakfast was an inducement the night before to upgrade and I wanted the upgrade removed from my bill. He said he would have to "investigate" my claim and get back to me. When I called him a moron because he clearly did not understand customer service and had no managerial skills he said "don't expect a refund" and hung up!!
Upon checkout when asked how was everything I relayed my issue and never received an apology, no effort to credit my bill,, etc. I have never been treated so poorly as a paying customer amd would never stay here or recommend this hotel again! horrible experience!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!