“Great Hotel and Facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Garden City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Seventh Street, Garden City, NY 11530   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Hotel and Facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at the Garden City Hotel for 1 night and I found the facility and service to be excellent. We arrived late and the front desk said they did not have a reservation for us. Our admin person had not followed up to obtain a confirmation number when she made reservation requests several weeks previously. After a few minutes of checking, the front desk manager said that although they were booked, there were several no shows and he found 2 rooms for us - very good customer service!

The rooms were very large and comfortable, and the Wi-Fi was terrific - uploads and downloads at 90MB! If you plan to drink the bottled water in the room - be aware the cost is $5.00 per small bottle!

We had a light meal in the Polo Lounge - the lobster roll was excellent at $24 - plenty of lobster on the sandwich.

I look forward to my next stay at the Garden City Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of hotel should be quieter - railroad line in the front.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Finnish first
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When our flight was cancelled at JFK at 3:45 am, we contacted the Garden City Hotel where Tony was incredibly kind and helpful, restoring our faith in NY after a horrific experience with American Airlines and JFK.

We arrived at 7:00 am and Tony made sure we were taken care of and allocated the quietest room he could find so that we could sleep during the day before our rescheduled flight.

The room was incredible and room-service was perfect, with great food served exactly as we ordered it - every detail correct.

All the staff were truly professional and polished.

Next time I am in NY, this is where I will stay and take the time to enjoy it fully.

Thank you Tony.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you, Arthur, for your glowing review. I am happy to read that you were able to relax and enjoy our hotel despite delays in your travel plans. I will be sure to extend your accolades to Tony, our staff and culinary team. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay while in New York, when you may experience all we have to offer!
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hello,
I wax just at the garden city hotel and they are Greta especially Gabrielle at front desk. Ste sas really helpful and always has a smile on, really a Sunshine in the morning.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you Patrice, for your recent stay while traveling on business and review. I will be sure to extend your accolades to Gabrielle and our team! We look forward to seeing you on a future stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have fond memories of this hotel throughout the 90's I realize ownership has since changed but feel I need to review this hotel with a contemporary review.

First off this is a very reputable hotel and it was lived up to its reputation in its entirety. A stop here this time around included my marriage proposal and the great help of the staff to help things fall in place. Also the staff at the bar was amazing and the whole experience was great. I thank the hotel and staff by submitting this positive review. Clean professional accommodating and pay for what you get. GREAT A++

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and review- and congratulations! What a wonderful, new memory to have made here! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the result of our recent renovation. I will be sure to extend your accolades of our staff, and thank you again. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!
Sayville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here before and it is a very nice hotel. On Valentine's Day, I booked a room and paid fully through Getaroom.com and got a decent rate to this expensive hotel. When I arrived with my girlfriend, the front desk couldn't find the reservation on their computer, I showed them my confirmed paid reservation and confirmation # on my phone and they took a copy of it. There seemed to be some disconnect between the website and their reservations system.They said that they were fully booked. There was some back and forth discussion among the staff, one gentleman suggesting the"Parlour Room", which has a pull-down 'Murphy bed'. Without my protest, they were even going to charge my debit card again and even said that I will have to try to get my money back from Getaroom.com . Kevin did the right thing and found us a nice room with a King bed. It was an uncomfortable 25 minutes for my girlfriend in the lobby and she thought that they should at least have given us a glass of champagne while we were waiting. She ended up buying our own champagne at the bar! Customer service could have been better but the hotel is very nice and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay and review. I am sorry to read that your outside booking provided any difficulty. I am glad you enjoyed your stay this Valentine's Day and we look forward to seeing you again on a future one.
Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Have stayed in this hotel MANY times for work and the rooms have been greatly improved to a very high standard - but it was long overdue I hasten to add!

The rooms are massive with nice sofa / coffee table area. Beds are luxurious and comfy and the bathrooms are beautifully decorated and furnished. I only had a shower tho, when really I like a tub!

My only gripe is that in the 3 to 4 years I've been coming here, the wifi performs to a VERY poor standard. Please can management address this? You really have no excuse in this day and age to not get this sorted!

Otherwise this hotel is lovely and Garden City itself is just a 5 min walk away - which is also a pleasant area for cafes & restaurants.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and review, Nick. I am glad to read that you enjoy our brand new guest rooms, and we are glad to have you return while you are here on business. As far as the WiFi connection, I am curious if you were able to access the guest WiFi connection that is noted in your wireless settings on mobile devices or laptop. Our new WiFi, which was recently completed, makes the connection more easily accessible for guests. Should you have any issues during your next stay, please do not hesitate to press the Gold ONE button on your guest room phone. We would be happy to assist. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay.
Mineola, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently enjoyed a fabulous meal with friends at The Polo Steakhouse. The staff was most attentive, the MaitreD came over during our meal to inquire how everything was going. After dinner we visited the Gift Shop and the woman working there could not have been nicer. I asked her for some assistance and she took me over to the Concierge and he was not only willing but was able to accommodate a request I had made. The Garden City Hotel is all about attention to their guests. I am so looking forward to my next visit.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent dinner reservation at Polo Steakhouse. I am glad to real how thrilled you were with your dinner, service and overall hospitality received from all areas of our hotel staff. We look forward to seeing you again on a future visit, or overnight stay!

Been to Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!