“Wonderful modern hotel with old style friendly service.” 5 of 5 stars

Garden City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Seventh Street, Garden City, NY 11530   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Madrid, Spain
“Wonderful modern hotel with old style friendly service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A hidden gem in the middle of Long Island, just 20/30 minutes from JFK. Very friendly front desk staff on arrival and departure. The bar staff in The Polo Bar were very attentive allowing me to try the wine and beer before ordering a full glass. The bar/snack food was top quality, not too cheap, but when it arrives you know it's worth the little extra. Again, at breakfast, great staff service and great food. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Finnish first
West Hempstead, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My company booked me here for a short business trip. Pictures on website don't do it justice, this gem is a must see. Property looked freshly polished, accompanied by their extremely accommodating staff. Mike was very inviting at check in and Kevin the hotel manager personally greeted me one my way to the elevator, making me feel like I was a king. I even received a follow up call asking if their was anything else I needed-- now that's service!!

Spent some time in the Polo Lounge which had an impressive selection of whiskeys. Though at first I thought it was a little pricey for my taste, I discovered the value is in the quality of food and service. Samantha the waitress was tentative and knowledgeable in the menu.

Only complaint is that the pool wasn't ready at the time of my stay, but that's just something to look forward to. I can't wait to come back -- I booked my girlfriend and I a weekend getaway so she can try out the new Red Door Spa.

Thank you Garden City Hotel for making a dreadful business trip a stay to remember!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family had the distinct good fortune to experience Sunday brunch at the Garden City Hotel. It is an experience well worth pursuing. Our oldest son is celebrating his 21st birthday in a few days, and both he and his younger brother will be returning to college by weekend. Notwithstanding the excuse for a celebration, the experience was all you could have hoped for. The food – varied, and all of the highest quality prepared to your taste buds’ delight – will have you boasting to your friends. The Garden City Hotel is a “world class facility” and so its dining areas are consistent with that statement. Finally, its “wait staff” outshines any in whatever way you wish to measure the competition. All in all, kudos to Garden City Hotel for providing us with a wonderful dining experience. Now that you’ve set the bar at such a height, the challenge is for you to maintain it there. Good luck with that, and from what we’ve seen, I am confident in your being able to do that and then some.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We arrived at 3:30 a.m. Dec. 24, exhausted after a long and stressful work and travel day on the 23rd. Everyone who took care of us from Anthony at the desk to the bellman to Vincente the waiter for Christmas Eve lunch, to the parking valet made us feel welcome and glad we picked the Garden City Hotel. We slept well, the room was very comfortable and that was important for we needed to be rested before joining the extended family for all the holiday celebrations. It was unexpectedly such a positive experience to be treated so well in such a lovely place after driving from Northern Virginia. Long Island family members have been coming to the hotel to dine for generations and now we can add acclaim for the accomodations too! The remaining question is would the hotel have welcomed our 2 Great Pyrenees dogs if we had brought them along.

Room Tip: Just make your needs and wants known to the desk staff, they are very polite, knowledgable and helpf...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay this holiday season and for such a lovely review. I will be sure to extend your accolades to the team as well as Anthony and Vincente. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our brand new guest rooms and experience lunch with us. The Garden City Hotel is a pet friendly hotel, but please do speak with one of our guest service managers prior to your next visit to discuss the details and any restrictions. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for just one night Christmas Eve but it was a very pleasant stay. The room was large, clean and comfortable, and the hotel itself had a very cozy and warm feel to it. We did not eat in the restaurant so I cannot comment on the dining experience, but I would definitely stay here again and do highly recommend the Garden City Hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay this holiday season and recommendation! I am glad to read that you enjoyed our brand new guest rooms and then genuine hospitality and ambiance of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hidden gem in a quiet suburb of NYC is a magnificently restored hotel with a state of art Spa and a great steak house is a perfect get away for a weekend or a perfect place for resting after a hectic traveled day.

With on site facilities and surrounding shopping stroll made my stay a perfect experience. Friendly staff, superb service throughout made it feel true home away from home during my stay.

Cleanliness in the room and amenities are commendable.
I will return and recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2014
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent stay and review! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our brand new Red Door Spa and Polo Steakhouse! I am also glad to read that you experienced our wonderful village with shopping and dining just blocks from the hotel. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to seeing you on a future stay!
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

WIFI IN THIS HOTEL! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Don't stay here of you are intend on using your device to connect to the Internet.

Do stay here of you enjoy sitting on the toilet seat to gain any kind of Internet connection.

Spend millions of dollars on refurbishment and they can't get one of the key things a business travel needs. WIFI CONNECTION!

SORT OT OUT. ITS EMBARRASSING

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!