1. No center room light switch. You have to turn on each lamp in the room
2. There was only one available socket in the room near a table to charge your phone. The table was NOT near the bed. It was across the room
3. The bathroom has no space as a vanity. No place to put your toiletries.
4. The heat/AC rattle
5. The TV is a joke, small screen and a 5 second delay when changing channels.
6. The alarm clock is a charger for and iphone 4! Really?, let's get with the times. Most iphone people have the 5 or 6.
I thought this was a 5 star hotel? It's equipped and laid out worse than the hilton garden inn. They spend all this money to fix it up and miss the simple things. Not impressed especially for what they charge for the rooms. You are better off at a chain hotel, at least the rooms are laid out to be convenient and functional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrating its 140th anniversary in 2014, The Garden City Hotel proudly presents 272 brand new guest rooms and suites, redesigned as a luxurious retreat for overnight guests by Italian designer Marcello Pozzi. Since 1874, The Garden City Hotel has welcomed guests with gracious hospitality, spacious guest rooms and luxurious suites. Our historic Long Island hotel has been a preferred destination for dignitaries and celebrities as well as business travelers, New York locals and visitors from around the globe. Boasting 25,000 square feet of recently restored and enhanced banquet space, The Garden City Hotel offers the ambiance to impress and the ability to deliver the gold standard of business meetings and corporate events. Our legendary Grand Ballroom is the ideal setting for a conference, gala event or a dream wedding. The acclaimed Polo Steakhouse, a classic American steakhouse with a twist of modern luxury, serves 28-dry aged Prime USDA grade steaks, chops and signature entrees, while the Polo Lounge offers an upscale bar menu, scratch-made cocktails and an extensive wine list. The Wine Room offers a private dining space for events, meetings and celebrations. Business and leisure travelers will appreciate all The Garden City Hotel has to offer, including indoor pool, fitness center, seasonal outdoor dining and close proximity to New York City and major airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Garden City Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.