“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Garden City
Albany, New York
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. Great room service and staff. Made the money worth spending.The staff worked hard to make your stay enjoyable. Everything was perfect. I had such a good weekend. The room was gorgeous and everyone was so sweet and helpful. I swear compliments must have been included in the room price. I felt like royalty all weekend. Vini at the patio was wonderful, Dan the concierge really hooked it up with broadway tickets and Mensija was super sweet and helped me save a little money booking a romance package. Thank you all so much!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a night, after spending all day at the beach we need it a place to relax and sleep. Room was clean, bed very comfortable, and best of all the staff were very attentive We we're help by a lady name Menseya with our reservation, she was so helpful and friendly and keep us comfortable at all times; the doormen Francisco was a gentleman! My husband and I we were impressed on how all the staff was so accommodating to their guesses. Lovely hotel, great location! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Staff and Service – Everyone in this hotel works to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. We had 100% exceptional service 100% of the time. Reservations Mensia awesome Front desk staff even helped us check in to our flight on the way back and always remembered our names. Room service and Housekeeping were prompt and polite and fulfilled all our requests right away

• Stayed August 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel seemed very good value for money to me, and we had an excellent short stay here. The recently refurbished room was good: especially our bathroom and the very comfortable bed. The lobby and bar/breakfast room are better than most similarly priced city hotels, and the breakfast was high quality (but not cheap).
But the best thing of all is that all the staff were helpful and enthusiastic 100% of the time. No exceptions. This suggests good management who really care about customers getting what they want and having a good experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Garden City Hotel. After long work days in Queens and Manhattan, it was great to come back to the serene and relaxing hotel. The service is excellent and everyone goes above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable. The room was very clean and beautifully decorated. I'd highly recommend the hotel!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Wonderful courteous staff and rooms out of a magazine hop literal across the street and ur on LIRR but it's tucked away so not an eye sore! I had a emergency with my car and bellman was so gracious every desk/department was on full alert random employees there go out of their way to say hello in the hallways. It's clean smart great mix of old and new elements. This place is well-run and I'm very particular.

• Stayed August 2014
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Although a little pricey, this was a very nice hotel. Staff were very helpful and were there to help you with any problems. They even called to make sure our room met our expectations. The only problem was no wifi but I was only staying the night so it was no big deal. Grounds are lovely. Bar in lobby was very accommodating . Great location to town of Garden City which was a couple of blocks of very quaint shops and eateries. Great establishment to host a wedding or special event. Gift shop had everything you might need. My son forgot his belt for suit pants and they had one in the gift shop that was more than reasonable. Very nice stay and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Upper floors had great views of grounds
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay and review, I am glad to read that you and your family enjoyed all our hotel has to offer. I will be sure to extend your accolades to our team and to the emporium staff as well. I am also glad to read that our location in the heart of this beautiful village was to your liking!
We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!

Been to Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!