“Nice Hotel in the suburbs of Long Island” 4 of 5 stars

Garden City Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Seventh Street, Garden City, NY 11530   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Garden City
South Florida, Florida
“Nice Hotel in the suburbs of Long Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We have stayed at the Garden City hotel many times and most times have enjoyed our stay . On this stay we were on the 7 the floor and had a great view. A few weeks ago we stayed on the 3 rd floor and mostly had a view of a roof top and could hear the sound from the club below. The hotel has been going through renovations over the past year and the rooms we stayed in were the new rooms which were nice with white subway tile in the bathroom. Not my preferred look but it is clean looking. I think the hotel was sold again since I entered a review after last summers stay and it is gone. Since our last review is no longer shown, we would like to thank Johnny Boone a manager for his help on one of our stays last summer.
For people that are not aware of the area ,the village of Garden City is a short walk up the street to the left of the hotel and offers many great eating, drinking and shopping establishments. Across the street from the hotel is a Long Island Rail Road station that has many trains into NYC.
We recommend staying at this hotel and look forward to seeing the completion of the renovations.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Garden City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed in a newly renovated suite in the G.C. Hotel on July 5th and was disappointed with our room.
Here are the facts.
1 I cut my foot on carpet tracts which were sticking up through the carpet .

2 The Bathroom area was missing a vanity table and shelves for towels

3 They provided one bathrobe instead of two.

4 The room did not have a clothing closet instead there was a cut out in the

bathroom wall exposed (without a door ) with a hanger bar four feet

from the floor. My wife could not hang her dress .

5. In the kitchen area paper towels were not provided

The highlight of my stay was the staff. They were well trained, and keenly

focused on customer service

Sincerely Chris D

Room Tip: Ask the front desk to see the room you want to stay in
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Newyork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed for the 4th of July weekend ,clean hotel but that gift shop workers have poor customer service and let me but multiple things and wouldn't let me get a refund because they didn't fit. I complain to the front desk they basically took their side and said he was right .its nothing I can do, They are not all for guest !okay stay poor customer service .

• Stayed July 2014
Queens, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

For the money you pay, this hotel is definitely not worth it. You can't order room service after 11pm. They do have a snack menu available from 11pm until 6am. We called at 11:47pm and was told there was no food! Definitely not good service. We were starving and was told they had no food. What a disgrace.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hello Anne~ Thank you for your recent stay and review. I am sorry to read that our 'Late Night' menu, beginning at 11pm through 6am, was not to your satisfaction. This menu includes Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Classic Caesar Salad, Roast Turkey Wrap, Artisan Green Salad, Imported and Domestic Cheese plate with grapes, honeycomb and crackers, Tri Colored Nachos with salsa and guacamole and Mediterranean Dips with Toasted Pita Chips. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay.
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a stunning hotel. I travel frequently for work, and typically I stay in less-than-amazing properties. This was a major exception. I am not sure how I got lucky enough to stay in this hotel, but I am glad I did.

The rooms have been completely renovated, and still smell like fresh paint and carpet. The bed was incredibly comfortable with plenty of pillows, a designated couch-area, and a wonderful full-length mirror. The a/c unit worked well, though the cover they placed on it made the machine a bit loud (I just slid the cover off when I went to bed).

The amenities seemed nice-a bit expensive for the restaurant and breakfast service. Also, the pool and gym were still under renovation-but if you ask at the front desk they will direct you to the NYC Sports Club that is about two blocks away, which is a fully staffed and functioning gym (think Planet Fitness with more free-weights).

Outside of the hotel the area is gorgeous, one of the most planned and established communities I have traveled too. Great food is only a walk away-I def. recommend checking out the local bars and pubs.

The only part of the experience that was not ideal was the "room-hold" put on my credit card. I always keep a separate card for travel, but in this situation I was charged $450 upon check-in, and then an amount that varied between $45 and $85 each additional night. It added up to be over $700 dollars for a hold...for five days! That was a bit extreme, but I was assured all of the charges would clear. I am just glad I keep it all on a separate card.

Room Tip: If you find the A/C Unit to be too loud-slide the wood cover off of it when you are ready to go to s...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hello Greg, thank you for your recent stay and review. Thank you for your kind words, I am thrilled to read that our recent renovations, brand new guest rooms, amenities and proximity to our beautiful village and dining were to your liking. Thank you for your feedback on the room hold process, I will make mention at our next staff meeting. We look forward to your next stay with us, either on business or leisure travel!
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent our wedding night here and I was really looking forward to returning to this hotel with our children. The hotel is very nicely done and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. However, the service is beyond pathetic. We checked in late at night and were supposed to have a roll away bed in the room. They told me they would get one up to our room as soon as possible. 30 minutes later, the bed had not arrived. The phone in our room was broken so I had to go downstairs to the desk to ask for the bed. Finally I was told they were out of roll aways and would bring an air mattress right away. It took several more trips downstairs before I was able to get the bed finally delivered around midnight. The next morning before we left for the day I was promised there would be a roll away in my room that night. And for the third time, I asked to have them fix the phone. Needless to say, we got back late that night and there was no rollaway. And the phone was still broken. I spoke to a manager, who did make a small adjustment to our bill.

Don't expect that if you request a certain type of room or extra bed that you will get it. There was another angry guest with the same issue in front of me on line when I checked in. This may be the nicest property on LI, but I would NEVER stay at this hotel again. For a hotel of this caliber, they have a lot to learn.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Stefanie, for you recent stay and review. I am glad to read that our renovated rooms and public spaces are to your liking. I am sorry to read of any inconvenience that our roll-away bed service was to you, as of course they are not a guaranteed amenity and are based on availability. We do hope that you will return to the hotel and enjoy all that we have to offer. Please do give us a call should you like to discuss your stay further.
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is renovated and the rooms spacious and nice at that time we have been there the spa and the pool didn't work cause of the renovation,the breakfast i would love to be buffet and not menu and i would love to have bigger portions.The location is good close the train station just you have to consider you need around one hour to get to madison square garden and day trip ticket peak on time is 19 USD . I suggest it for someone who wants to be not in the center of New York.

Room Tip: Just ask for view in the front
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JamessinaH, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your recent stay and review. I am glad to read that our brand new rooms and public spaces are to your liking. Our spa and pool are currently under a complete renovation- we are excited to share that this winter, a 7,000 square foot, full service spa and a salt water, indoor swimming pool will be complete. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!

Been to Garden City Hotel? Share your experiences!