“Poster Staff for Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
atlanta, United States
“Poster Staff for Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This site went out of their way for my stay at their site. I worked odd hours and they made sure there was a breakfeast bag at 2AM or 4AM. They made sure I had correct directions when needed as well. They were always polite and repectful. They are a quality staff and have set a high bar for others to strive for their level

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Once again I was reminded of why I choose to stay at Hampton Inn. When I checked in I was promptly greeted and quickly checked into my room. I found the hotel to be very spacious and my room very clean. When I was leaving to go to dinner I found the front desk has a 4 page list of local restaurants and they recommended on local Italian place and gave me a card to present at the restaurant that would get me VIP treatment which I understand to be less wait time if busy and a free entree or dessert. I did however choose to eat somewhere else based on something on their menu that I really wanted. But if I was to come back here I would probably go to the restaurant recommended by the hotel so as to try somewhere different. I found the breakfast area to be very clean and well stocked. If I was traveling to this area again I will stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that we met your expectations of what a Hampton Inn should be. The restaurant we usually recommend is Vincent's Clam Bar. They do a great job with our guests and we've had many positive Trip Advisor comments about this restaurant as well. Their portions are large which work out since you will be able to use our in room microwave and refrigerator for an extra meal.
Hope to see you soon
Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had a great stay here. From the staff to the breakfast, everything was great. The pool, however, (stated as an indoor pool,) was not warm enough to keep up with the cold air sneaking in thru the exterior doors. The pool towels were more like large wash-cloths. Not a deal breaker, just a tad annoying. The room towels could have been a bit better as well. Now, to the TV....
Hotels today use the TV to sell movies and to show off their facilities. I get that. What I don't like are the steps needed to navigate around the TV menu just to watch a show. Also, a menu appeared showing the "adult" movies available when we were trying to watch a HBO movie. Hello? Children need to see this? Again, not unique to Hampton/Hilton hotels, but I have better things to do then going thru a learning curve just to watch a movie!
I did like the large fridge and microwave in the room. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, well-run hotel at a good price!

Room Tip: Great location. Everything you need is on Old Country Road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. We have been having some problems with the pool heater (which has since been replaced) and may be the reason the pool was not as warm as it should be. Certainly the opening of the Courtyard doors in the pool area does not help as well. The pool towels I do agree are quite small but are a Hampton standard. I also know most brands are starting to get away from Pay movies and Pay video games. With the use of I-phones and I-pads this amenity is no longer an item that guests feel they should pay for.
I appreciate your team, thank you for the 5 star rating and am glad you will recommend us to others.
Essex, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have lost track of how many different Hampton Inns I have experienced, and this one compares to one of the finest yet. It's such a comfort to know that when you have selected a brand, that the quality control in the organization shows throughout. Rooms are quiet, clean and well appointed; the breakfast choices give us just what we're looking for (we are oil-free vegans and love the home cooked oatmeal with dried fruit); and the locations are always convenient. Will continue to choose Hampton Inn first whenever we are confronted with options.

Room Tip: Third or fourth floor keeps you away from the atrium over the breakfast room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. It's nice to see that our Hampton rates amongst the best that you've stayed at. We certainly do whatever possible to keep up with this great brand and I'm delighted it gets noticed.
Please stay with us again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel was in a good location. Staff was efficient, but not too friendly. Rooms spacious, plenty of towels. Quiet, although I could hear someone walking overhead.

The room seemed dark to me, even with all of the lights on! Maybe a strategically-placed higher watt bulb would be in order. Hotel starting to look a bit "tired", i.e., brighter paint, carpeting may need updated. However, the hotel was clean.

Coffee in the lobby was good. Didn't use the breakfast area, but it looked fine. Lobby was nice to sit and have coffee and glance at the free USA today papers.

Staff offered "breakfast to go" bags at the front desk in the morning. Nice touch. They also had a small food-buying area.

Fitness area had a couple of pieces of equipment not in "top working order", but I got my workout done. Headphones were provided (wrapped in plastic) if you wanted to use the TVs on the equipment. I appreciated that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. Please accept my apologies for the lighting and darkness of your room. As I type this our rooms are going through a renovation that includes being repainted with a brighter accent wall, brighter bathroom wallpaper and all new guest lighting.
We plan on completing the entire hotel by January 1st and hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the Garden City NY area
Mechanicville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

All in all our experience was very good and we have stayed there again. However, there was a lack of hot water in the bath (corrected on second stay and we were not charged for the first nights stay. Also, we found the use of only paper coffee cups for beverages penny wise and pound foolish. We also felt that it was somewhat pricy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I understand you also completed our Hilton survey as well on both the hot water and paper cup issue. We have recently replaced one of our hot water heaters in the hotel hence the reason your second stay was better than the first. As for the cups we are required by brand standard to have only wrapped, eco-friendly cold and hot beverage cups in our rooms. Plastic and/or glass are not brand standards for our Hilton Brand.
chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had a great experience at this Hampton Inn. The front desk staff were great. I came down to grab some coffee and they remembered me by name. I also loved the courtesy call left on my voicemail. That was a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. it's always a great feeling when any customer service person remembers a guest/customer name. We pride ourselves on training our staff to 'connect' with our guests and it's nice to see that it is paying off.
We lok forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Garden City NY area

Been to Hampton Inn Garden City? Share your experiences!