“Summer at the Hampton” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Garden City, United States
“Summer at the Hampton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for 5 nights during our visit east, and it was a wonderful experience. The front desk was friendly, helpful, and efficient. The breakfast each day was varied and plentiful. The rooms, fitness center, and breakfast area were all very clean at all times. Just a wonderful family place!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that you had a great stay and that our staff treated you well. Good customer service is sometimes hard to find and we're certainly lucky to have the team that we have.
I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area
Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed overnight for a quick local weekend getaway. The lobby was nicely furnished and the buffett looked good, although we didn't have time for breakfast. The indoor pool was clean and our little one had a good time splashing around. It's definitely off the beaten path, so follow their directions, not your GPS.

Room Tip: Our view overlooked the back patio area and part of the parking lot. That doesn't really matter...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time out to compete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and it's too bad you missed our breakfast. I'm glad your family was able to enjoy our heated indoor pool.
Again,thanks for the great comments and I hope you will allow us to serve you the next time you are in the Garden City NY area
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Clean indoor pool, decent buffet breakfast included in rate, free (good quality) coffee all day in the lobby. The staff are very accommodating and the service is excellent. Very convenient to stores and businesses (everything from WalMart and Wendy's to high-end shopping and restaurants), but even more important, it's a SAFE area, and the hotel sits back from the main road, so it's quiet. Not necessarily the cheapest option for Long Island, but definitely worth the price. BTW, pay attention to the directions given on the hotel website; a lot of people have trouble finding the hotel with GPS.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest (fourth) floor, as far away from the elevators as possible.
KINGSTON, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you are looking for a good hotel go here. Clean effiecient. Awsome Staff. Friendly and courteous. Myself and about 10 other couples enjoyed our stay. We have been using another hotel in the area the first weekend in August for the past eight years. I will not mention the name but none of us will ever go back there. We enjoyed the room the breakfast security and pleasantness of this facility

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
WOW!!!! Thanks so much for the great comments about our hotel and staff. We do get quite a lot of people that switch from area hotels to our property and have told me the same about our team. I'm quite fortunate to have them.
Thanks again
Boynton Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Staff is unbelievable. Amazing service. I will continue to stay here as long as I can!!! The front desk staff is on point, efficient, and are amazing when you check in. The front desk agent that checked me in when I went up remembered me from last year from my wedding. I broke my cake topper and asked her for crazy glue. She remembers how nervous I was. She had a smile on her face when I arrived and welcomed me back. The entire staff did an absolute amazing job with not only the check ins and outs, but with the demands of the people staying at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you so much for completing our Trip Advisor survey. I appreciate the great comments about our team and the great service you received. I also want to thank you again for completing our Hilton survey. We share all comments with our team.
Thanks again for the great survey and hope to see you soon the next time you're in the area.
Philadelphia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were staying for a wedding from out of town. Even with the email the Hotel sent out, the GPS, all 3 I used could not locate the Hotel. Brought us to a dead end twice. The rooms itself were nice, and I would have recommended this hotel to someone, but I would not want them to have to go through what we did. Over 4 hours from Philadelphia to NY.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. Please accept my apologies for the problems you experienced getting to our hotel via GPS. This unfortunately is our biggest obstacle as there are 2 North Aves in Garden City. We have recently changed all our GPS direction information to 800 E. Gate Blvd since we have been successful in getting our guests to the hotel using that.
Again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Spacious breakfast area and well organized. It was very busy every morning of my stay and the food was alwys full and replenished very quickly. The hotel gives complementary cookies at night which are delicious and are freshly made !!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for completing our Trip Advisor survey Melissa. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the breakfast. It takes special people to keep that area going at all times. Approximately 92% of our guests do have our complimentary breakfast so keeping up with the operation is not always easy especially on weekends when most guests come to the area between 9am-10am.
I hope you wil consider us again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area.

Been to Hampton Inn Garden City? Share your experiences!