“Great Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brownsburg, IN, United States
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very helpful and friendly, the hampton inn staff does make you feel like VIP guest. Front desk agents did their best to accomodate my needs. hampton inn has a free buffet breakfast, good quality and has a large selection.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that the staff treated you well. As you know it's not easy to find good people and we are lucky to have the team we have in place.
Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Closter, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I would recommend this hotel, or any in the Hampton Inn chain. A great value! The complimentary breakfast is an added bonus. Everything has been updated in the hotel. The lobby is beautiful, rooms are cleanm food is good and the location is excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you so much for completing our Trip Advisor survey. It's always a pleasure to hear great comments about our hotel and staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Garden City NY area.
Hanover, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Overall the hotel was pretty good. The room and bathroom were very clean. TV Remote was not in working order for 2 days & pool was not able to be used. The complimentary breakfast was ok, but meat was not provided very often. The location was great, since our daughter will be starting college nearby, and that is the reason we were there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time out to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but apologize for the remote control not working for 2 days. This is something our Housekeeping staff should have caught while cleaning the room. I look forward to you returning to the property whenever you come visit your daughter.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Call for the GPS address and directions. It is very difficult to find.. . right off of Old Country Road, near Norstrom rack, Roosevelt field, etc. Nice Hampton Inn (once you find it). Near courts, shopping, etc. .

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. Please accept my apologies for the trouble you were having finding our hotel via GPS. We now ask our guests to enter 800 E. Gate Blvd and proceed west on North Ave. With 2 North Aves in Garden City and many different GPS models out there we find it difficult to give out the 1 North Ave or 700 North Ave directions for GPS
Va, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Nice and clean, friendly staff and clean pool. Good breakfast with polite staff. Great location near major highways allowing easy access to the rest of Long Island. Close to Jones Beach. We enjoyed our stay and would visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff treated you well. It's always great to get positive guest comments. I will certainly share this with our team.
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The front desk people, both night & morning shifts, have the WRONG attitude for customer service!! No," I'm sorry" I gave you the wrong address for your GPS causing you to sit in traffic for an additional 45 minutes, no" I am sorry" you discovered a bug crawling in your bed in the morning. What I was told " it's not a bed bug & it happens because we are near water" Really!!
I asked to speak with the manager but, he was not onsite. I left my business card & asked to be called...I'm still waiting! Apparently, customer service is not important to mangement either. I called back 2 days later & left a message to speak to the manager. Not to forget the noisey upstairs people who woke me up at midnight. I will NEVER stay at this Hampton Inn. If you need a hotel in this area stay at the Hyatt next door. My annoyance prompted me to write my first ever review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out to complete out Trip Advisor survey. I'm sorry the lack of service on our part prompted you to complete it so negatively. Unfortunately I did not receive any information on what occurred during your stay but certainly want to speak to you about it and person. If you would please contact me at 516-227-2720 ext 2004 or joe.rosanio@hilton.com I would appreciate it.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The employees were all friendly, professional, and helpful. The rooms were clean and decent sized. The problems were the complimentary breakfast was mediocre -- the scrambled eggs tasted like the "peanuts" used in packaging and the sausage was very poor quality. Lastly, the air conditioner was too noisy and made sleeping somewhat difficult

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JRosanio, General Manager at Hampton Inn Garden City, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor survey. I'm delighted to hear that the staff treated you well during your last stay. You mentioned the scrambled eggs and sausage were not good. All our breakfast items are Hamton brand standard and in fact the scrambled eggs were changed by Hampton about a year ago. These items are all cooked in a convection oven so there is no room to make any changes. Please also accept my apologies for the noisy AC unit in your room. We do frequent cleaning on these units and it is possoble that the PTAC cover was not attached correctly.

Been to Hampton Inn Garden City? Share your experiences!