“Good Pub” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 110 Restaurants in Garden City
Palm Beach Gardens
“Good Pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nice pub with very good food. I ordered a steak sandwich on toasted garlic bread with mozzarella, sweet potato fries and onion straws, all of which were delicious. My husband ordered the salmon which was one of the specials and was topped with shrimp and a lobster sauce, which he said was very good. He is a mashed potatoes lover, but thought the potatoes, although good, were too whipped and preferred eating my onion straws which were really good. Although we enjoyed the meals,the service left much to be desired. A waitress taking care of neighboring tables took our drink orders after we were seated. Our waitress took our dinner order and was never seen again. The food was served and we waited at least 10 mins. after we were finished eating before I finally went up to the hostess desk to say that no one had been to see us since the food was served and we hadn't seen our waitress since she took our order. She asked what her name was and I said she never told us. She was a pretty young brunette. Two other servers were standing there and the male said be would take care of us and took our dessert order and brought us the check. It was just unbelievable that she never came to ask us if we needed anything or if we wanted drink refills (which we did). Before we left, she miraculously reappeared and was waiting on the booth next to ours, but did not look over or acknowledge the fact someone took over for her. We arrived there at 4:30 pm on a Sunday and obviously there was a management shift change right after we got there because there was no manager in sight when I went to complain, and it is not that big of a place that I wouldn't have seen someone in attendance. It definitely put a damper on the experience, but the food is worth a trip.

• Visited July 2013