“Dont believe the hype...nothing special but the price” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Roosevelt Field Mall - Old Country Road & Ring Road
Staten Island, NY
“Dont believe the hype...nothing special but the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Dont believe the hype...nothing special but the price. Food is better that average but you basically getting an up scale Olive Garden. Most of the reviews of The Capital Grill are plants. I believe the the corporate owner of The Capital Grill, Darden simply hires a PR company to plant good reviews. The resturant is nothing special. The prices are high and the service is professional but phony. It's all a bit contrived but the restuant does present itself well.

Visited December 2012

Brentwood, New York
“Amazing Long Island restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

First off greeted by Erica using my name. Great employee. She answered all my questions & didn't seem bothered I was alone on a busy night at a table. Started out with shrimp cocktail which was so tasty. Ending up going with a Delmonico and added lobster tails. Go with a medium for a tasy meal. Service was quick. This restaurant has the Ritz Carlton guest service attitude. This is a must go. Hands down. I will be back.

Babylon, New York, United States
“amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Long Island has another new steakhouse. This one is a welcome addition. everything was outstanding. friendly bartender made very good drinks while we waited for our table. excellent waiter gave his opinions, but was not trying to sell us on more expensive wine or the seafood appetizer. fried calamari appetizer was very good. beef tenderloin and lobster tail was great. coconut cream pie desert was amazing. would go back in a heartbeat. better experience than the capital grille in the Chrysler building

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“A great "Steakhouse" is finally in Garden City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have enjoyed the Capital Grille in many of its other locations. My first experience was in Washington D.C. many years ago and it became one of my favorites. I have been to five or six of their other locations and I have always been impressed with the Food and the wonderful service.
I have been to this new location about five times since they opened and it again came through with Flying colors. The decor is upscale and has that wonderful steakhouse feel. I have had the pleasure to meet some of the staff and they are well trained and extremely polite.
I have had the porterhouse and it is fantastic, the tuna is sushi grade and it is so good that I would order it uncooked and enjoy it as sushi. The Mac and cheese is incredible. They have vast selection if premium spirits and an adequate pour makes it a pleasure just to sit at the bar and have that Martini or Manhattan to end your business day.
I have lived in the area for many years and always had to drive 5 to 10 miles to find a steakhouse of this quality. I welcome them to the area and I suggest you give them a try if you have not already, I am sure you will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
Long Island
“Great place for a special occasion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I used to travel a lot for business and always enjoyed the Capital Grilles that I had visited on an expense account. Suggested it to my wife for her Birthday and she enjoyed it thoroughly. Service is excellent, as is the food. While it it isn't inexpensive, it is well worth the money. Save room for dessert, they are fantastic!

• Visited October 2012