“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   821 Stewart Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel was five-star rating. Room was very comfortable and clean, staff was very accommodating. Looking forward to our next trip to NY! Hotel close to parkways and shopping. Near restaurants and attractions. Lobby spacious and clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here four years ago and at least it was clean then. My recent stay was horrible.

The lobby, hallways and elevators had a constant bad odor. There was a "skunk" smell on the third floor.

The hallway near my room had trash on the floor, bits of paper, large lint and a hand cloth on the floor, for two days after I checked in, it seemed they vacuumed the halls once a week.

The toilet seat was old and cracked and the bathroom fixtures appeared to be from the 60's. The stopper in the sink was broken, and the hair dryer worked, but was cracked and had a lot of hair and "fuzz" in the filter on the back of it.

The air conditioner was very loud and during the night it woke me up every time it turned on.

The coffee is really bad, I had to go to a coffee shop every morning for decent coffee. The breakfast selection was limited, and after the bad coffee, I decided not to risk the food.

It is in a great location in Garden City, but, unless this hotel is completely renovated, and they change management, I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great front desk staff - very accommodating. Beds were VERY comfortable. Having a microwave and small refrigerator was a bonus for our leftovers. It was such a good value we added another day to our stay. I couldn't say enough good things about this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The folks who staff this hotel have been very nice and accommodating. In an industry where service matters, they are the tops. I would like to see a bigger selection for the breakfast, but what's available is adequate to start the day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Douglasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had to work in Hempstead, NY and I hate traffic in New York so this was the closest hotel. It worked out perfectly. They had minimal traffic from the hotel to hempstead and no accidents on the streets. The htoel was nice (regular LQ quality). Breakfast was alright and the staff was nice and friendly. The hotel is a bit expensive $165, but that's what you expect to pay in NY. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Made reservations for two rooms back in April 2013 for a family wedding on July 20th,2013.
On the morning of 7/19/13 called to make sure we still had the two rooms reserved. I was told not to worry, reservations for our two rooms were secure. At approx. 4:30PM that afternoon my husband rec'd an email letting him know that we (one room) was being bumped to another hotel. When we called the hotel, we were told that your hotel has a contract with the airlines and they just found out that they weren't leaving the hotel.
THIS WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO US...We were told that they couldn't do anything for us and of course the manager Tim Mularchuk wasn't available to speak with us but would be in on Sat. (which we later found out that he doesn't work weekends). His cell # was given to me to call him, which I did, once he said he couldn't help me his cell phone died. I called him back it went right to voice mail and he has never returned my call.
OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND NOT SOMETHING WE NEEDED ON THE DAY OF A FAMILY WEDDING AND ALSO THE BRIDE'S FAMILY DIDN'T NEED THIS AGGRAVATION EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shuttle service was poorly run - we waited at the wedding venue for at least an hour, decided to take a taxi to hotel and the remaining people said that the shuttle didn't show up for at least 20 minutes after we left.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City

Address: 821 Stewart Avenue, Garden City, NY 11530
Location: United States > New York > Garden City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City Hotel Garden City
La Quinta Inn And Suites Garden City
La Quinta Garden City
Garden City La Quinta

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.