“Great weekend for a wedding” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Garden City
Rochester, New York, United States
“Great weekend for a wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Very nice room, sleeps 6. Not has much privacy as I would have liked, but we managed.
Staff very helpful and polite. Room clean and bright. Lots of towels and blankets. Don't hesitant to book this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Amherst, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My son recently got married on Long Island, and our family chose the Hyatt Garden City as our group accommodations location. The hotel is beautiful, the staff friendly, the breakfast better than most. The rooms are larger than most any I've stayed in (and that would be quite a number), and the bed was particularly comfortable. Every room has a "living area" with a very large couch and desk and small bar. I would especially commend the sales manager, Jackie Teter, who helped me throughout my booking process for a whole group of guests. A few weeks before the wedding, I traveled to the area for another related event, and Jackie was so kind as to provide wonderful accommodations even at our group contracted rate though it was not the wedding weekend. That was above and beyond, I felt, and it was much appreciated. In short, the Hyatt could not have been more accommodating in every way. I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in the area, and I plan to return there myself when in the area visiting the "new inlaws" . Thanks to Jackie and all her staff for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Stayed in two different rooms on two different trips--each equally comfortable and quiet. I don'...
Ballarat, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Garden city on Long Island isn't somewhere you would probably end up If you were doing a two week holiday of the states.
We had a wedding to go to so we ended up here.
We stayed three nights at the Hyatt Place, it would have been a nice hotel to perhaps stay one night passing thru.

The rooms were huge after spending four nights in a shoe box in manhattan, they were clean and very well maintained.
The self serve laundry, free wifi, the P.C,s with printers ( we needed to print out yankee tickets) and the cafe was a handy extras.
Breakfast was included in our room which was very reasonably priced, but breakfast was chaotic and the little choices were not well stocked and were often empty.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel on 4th of July weekend, as we were visiting relatives close by. We had a nice stay. I remember reading one review from somebody mentioning that it wasn't Hyatt material and maybe that rings true a little bit but it also was the best deal I found while searching for a hotel in the area. I am not normally a traveler who stays in luxury hotels very often but this was such a good deal that it made sense to stay here. So, while it didn't have that "luxury" feel to it, it didn't have the "luxury" price either. Perfect for us.
The staff were personable, very warm. The hotel was clean. There was no street noise. The pool, although small, was very nice and food was good at breakfast. The TV was very large and I liked the separate sitting area.
I would stay here again.

Bayside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night after a wedding. The front desk staff is Excellent. Very nice rooms. Comfy beds. Breakfast in the morning was good too. I'd certainly recommend this to anyway looking for a hotel in the Garden City area.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have family on Long Island and whenever we need to stay in a hotel, this is our choice. The hotel has a very modern vibe. We love the rooms. They have an open concept room with a room divider and a flat screen tv you can watch on the sectional in the living area or from the bed. The rooms have always been immaculate. They also have a nice desk which can really form a small business center. The tv also is equipped to display computer equipment. The room also has a small built in bar with fridge. The service upon check-in has always been excellent and efficient. They have breakfast until 10, but we have not had it, so I can't review. They have a bar space in the lobby where you can get drinks and other food items until midnight. The only real downside to this hotel is its location which is down this dark road behind industrial type buildings. It does not have a great outside impression, but the inside certainly makes up for that.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a block of rooms reserved at Hyatt Place for our daughter's wedding. We've stayed at several Hyatts before and thought we knew what to expect - wrong. Our room was tiny and this is at an all suites hotel. Each day at breakfast, I had to request more plates, silverware, food items. They were not on top of things. Our light was out over our dressing area from day one and it was never fixed. I didn't even get the USA Today every day; I was told it was available only for gold Hyatt members. We paid more than $160/per night and it was definitely not worth it. The only thing going for it is location. It was very near the wedding venue and Roosevelt Field Mall. It did have a nice in-door pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
hpgc, General Manager at Hyatt Place Garden City, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello and thank you for your feedback on the hotel.
About 99% of our rooms are over-sized Junior Suites. There are minimal corner rooms that are smaller than the others which you had stayed in. With the hotel sold out during the time frame we have to use all rooms of this hotel as these rooms are the last to be occupied.
As I am sure you can understand with 100% occupancy and trying to feed over 300 people at one time we are going to turnover plates, silverware and food items a few times.
We have complimentary USA Today that is not delivered that our guest can help themselves at the front desk. We do however deliver the Wall Street Journal to rooms that join our Hyatt Gold Passport rewards during the week.
We appreciate your comments and we strive at Hyatt Place Garden City to improve our customer service levels.
Kind regards

Been to Hyatt Place Garden City? Share your experiences!