“Well-Liked Local Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Well-Liked Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We have eaten here several times over the years. The Thanksgiving style turkey dinner is their specialty, the prime rib is very popular. We went on a weekday evening and I had the early bird special ($11.99 for 3 courses), of a salad, delicious and reasonably sized sirloin steak and a good bread pudding for dessert, husband had the regular prime rib. Both excellent and my early bird special was finished at home. There were actually vegetables as a part of the meal, unusual in most restaurants. Cash only!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Gansevoort, New York
“Turkey dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The best place for a roast turkey dinner is Winslows. It is always delicious. Reservations are a safe bet for an immediate table

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Winslow's Review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had a VERY poor experience here this week! Arrived at 7:05pm to a wait. Host says "shouldn't be too long". We wait. A half hour later I ask how much longer. He says "if the people before you are still here they are next. If not, I have a table for you now." Another half hour goes by. I ask "What happened with the table. It has been an hour. if we are not seated within a few minutes we need to leave." (I have an 8 and 11 year old with me). He seats us 10 minutes later (8:15pm- 1 hour and 10 minutes after arrival) at a table that has been OPEN for our entire wait! The waitress comes over another 10 minutes later (it is now 8:25pm). We place our order immediately in fear we will not see her again for a while. Our salads arrive at 8:45pm (20 minutes after ordering) and our appetizer arrives at 9:14pm (45 minutes after ordering or an hour after sitting at the table!). We finish the appetizer (it was "OK" stuffed mushrooms) and our dinners do not come for another 5 minutes later. My husband ordered a prime rib med rare and it came out well done! Everyone else’s was good. I was so applauded by the service and communication that I asked to speak to the manager, The host says "Is this a complaint?" I say, "yes. our experience has been horrible." The host says to me "Is it about me? I am not sure he can talk with you. He is really busy." [WHAT???]. I ask the host to please go see him. He returns and tells me that the owner, Jeff Baker is too busy to come out to speak to me but if I want I can go talk with him in the kitchen. [SERIOUSLY??]. So, I walk into the kitchen and the host instructs me to walk over to the line to address him. [YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS!]. Thankfully he comes over to me. I introduce myself and explain that I had previously worked in the restaurant business for about 15 years and would like to give him some feedback on our experience at the restaurant. He interrupts me and says "is this about the wait because we are really busy!". I told him about the entire experience (in between him interrupting me). He is visibly angry with me and tells me that there are only 3 people in the kitchen cooking all of the food and that he can't get good help [HOW IS THAT MY PROBLEM AS THE CUSTOMER?]. He tells me he is going to defend his staff and that they all work really hard. Then proceeds to tell me that the hostess who works on the weekends is much better. [WOW, I GUESS IT IS MY FAULT FOR EATING THERE DURING THE WEEK!]. He continues to be defensive and tell me how hard it is to run a business and not be able to get good staff. There were so many opportunities for Jeff to make this right and I can tell you the first thing that would go a long way is "I'm sorry." Take some ownership! I brought my father here for his one dinner out with us while visiting from Myrtle Beach and was horrified at his experience!

Here is a little piece of advice... your staff are only as good as you are and if this is the kind of customer service you provide to your customers you will fail time and time again! We will NEVER go back to Winslow’s EVER!!! Best of luck to you!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gansevoort, NY
“Only Place for Real Turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Winslow's has the best and only real turkey (right off the bird) in the Saratoga area. We regulary go there for our "turkey fix" and have never been disappointed. The service is great and you can't beat Winslow's prices.
Even better is their Early Bird Special, which is a smaller entre, but comes with soup/salad, bread/butter, choice of entre, dessert of the day with beverage (coffee/iced tea/hot tea, milk) at a price that is a bargain-$10.95 with several great choices.
The chef (Jeff) goes out of his way to make some great gourmet meals(posted on the chalk board) and his desserts are fantastic.
Hours are 4-9pm Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat-1-9 Sunday-Daily during Track Season

Ed & Betty Allison

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenfield Center, New York, United States
“Turkey Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The turkey was wonderful the only problem was that we went out for My husband's birthday and his meal of Scallops never came! He finally said listen just give me the turkey! I Asked for water 4 times and the wine was in a small glass

• Visited April 2013