“Take Out from the Cock'n Bull” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Galway, New York
“Take Out from the Cock'n Bull”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

For a change we did take out from the Cock'n Bull Restaurant - if you go there expect to be there a long time - service is very slow - for take out it was only a half an hour wait - I had the sirloin Teriyaki with cheese mashed potatoes and zucchini my husband had the Delmonico steak with a baked potato - I had the spinach salad and my husband the garden salad.
Did not come with bread - maybe with take out you do not get it!
Both dinners were good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Out of the way, but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a rustic out of the way restaurant with very good food and service. It's essentially a very old barn. There are a couple of fireplaces that would probably be great on a cold winter night. Since we ate here on a warm summer night, we just enjoyed the atmosphere. All 4 in our party had a different entree- steak, chicken, ribs and a BBQ sandwich. Everyone was more than satisfied.

Visited June 2013
“Great Food and Great Music!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wednesday night is jam night with area musicians jamming in the dining room! Had an excellent meal, great apps, salad and entrees! Not very busy but that was ok! Service was wonderful and very attentive. Had baked stuffed shrimp and was very tasty. Companions ordered duck which looked great. Also ordered Atlantic Char and also looked great. Good choice for dinner on a Wednesday night!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glenville, New York
“Know when to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We have gone many times to the cock and bull, one I took my inlaws they were hooked. The food is good, we tend to find the best results are thurs-Sunday. The first night we tried was a Monday, and didn't enjoy it so well, but then we went back at the insistence of a friend who had recommended it. It was worth the trip back, now I highly recommend it. They always have interesting specials and apps as well! I have always gotten one of the specials because something always catches my eye.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Albany, NY
“TREASURE IN THE COUNTRY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our monthly pick was a little drive from the Albany area this time but the results were great. Our dinner friends and my wife had been to The Cock 'N Bull manybyears ago but this was my first time. Just loved the country atmosphere and numerous fireplaces within the restaurant. The bar service was excellent and a crowd was beginning to build. After our pre dinner drinks we were seated for dinner. Our server, Kayleigh did an exceptional job as she was attentive and friendly. We shared brushetta which was exceptional. Our salads were fresh and delicious. My steak teriyaki, potatoes & vegetables were perfect. My wife's sliced sirlion was equally done. Our friends were quite happy with their dinners too. Too full for dessert but a cup on fresh brewed coffee was the perfect ending. I would highly refer anyone to make the drive to galway for a wonderful dining experience. We'll be sure to dine here again!

• Visited April 2013