“An absolute must, outstanding B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Edwards Waterhouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fredonia
Edwards Waterhouse Inn
You added Edwards Waterhouse Inn to your Saves list
71 Central Avenue, Fredonia, NY 14063   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Fredonia B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“An absolute must, outstanding B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had the most amazing stay at Edwards Waterhouse Inn. Jeff and Maggie have put so much love, compassion and attention to detail into what is a stunning house and place to stay. My boyfriend and I stayed in the Blue Room and my parents stayed in the Bombay room. Both rooms were gorgeous with huge comfortable beds, fireplaces and wonderful roll top baths. Every room in the house is full of character, history and lovely pieces of art and antiques. The breakfast was out of this world and the little extras that Jeff had supplied to accommodate my gluten free diet were really delicious. Jeff was also the perfect host and made our stay extremely special. Unfortunately Maggie was away so we didn't get to meet her but she sounds like a wonderful woman from all of Jeff's kind words about her. I can not recommend Edwards Waterhouse Inn enough. If you are planning a trip in or around Fredonia you absolutely have to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a lovely stay at Edwards Waterhouse Inn. I feel like I had somewhat of a unique experience as I was the only guest at the inn on this particular weekend, and Maggie was out of town, so Jeff was the only innkeeper there. Jeff was very professional and attentive. Everything was immaculately clean - in fact, my room was cleaned twice in one day (trash taken out, shower wiped out) because they do a turn-down service.The bottles of water in my room were replaced. I pretty much had everything I needed. Breakfast was fantastic. It is the only bed and breakfast that I've stayed at that offered a menu with choices for breakfast. Everything tasted fresh and Maggie's homemade jams are beyond delicious. If I ever find myself in need of somewhere to stay in Fredonia, NY I will absolutely stay here again. If you stay here, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: I stayed in The Bombay Room.. Cozy and comfortable size of both the bedroom and bathroom. I saw the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New Baltimore, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend at this charming B & B in December, when we attended our daughter's swim meet. Local hotel choices were less than desirable, and we are so glad! We enjoyed a much more enjoyable weekend than any hotel could have provided. Conveniently located to SUNY Fredonia, we also found the Waterhouse in provided easy walking access to Fredonia's Main Street. We enjoyed two nights in the Georgian room - a beautifully restored room with all the modern amenities needed in the attached bathroom. Hosts Jeff and Maggie made us comfortable in their home, provided wonderful breakfasts each morning and were informative about the area. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I just stayed here this past weekend. My husband and I were taking a trip to Niagara Falls and thought Fredonia might be a nice town to break up the drive. We stayed for 2 nights in the Blue Room.

The breakfasts were amazing! I was expecting toast, fruit, and not much else. It was a full breakfast that started out with fruit and fresh coffeecake. There was a new menu for each day. I would say that the Berry Bread Pudding French Toast is not to be missed.

Our room was very spacious and very comfortable. The home was beautifully restored, but still has modern conveniences.

The owners were just great. They were very friendly, gave us plenty of good advice about the area, and shared a lot of history about the house.

I would certainly stop here again. It's a perfect place if you have a student you're visiting at SUNY Fredonia, are on the Erie Wine Trail, or just passing though like me.

Room Tip: The Blue Room was very big, had a working fireplace, and a kind sized bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Fredonia is not a destination city but if you have a student at SUNY Fredonia or find yourself traveling through Western NY, the place to stay is the Edwards Waterhouse Inn. After a miserable stay at a local hotel we were clued into this gem of a B&B. The restoration of this marvelous house and the attention to detail adds a little bit of history and style to your stay. The breakfast is wonderful and the menu changes every day. After being without power for 8 days (and counting) in NJ, I may just return for a much needed R&R. Thanks Maggie and Jeff for a wonderful weekend.

Room Tip: There are only 5 rooms - 2 kind, 2 queen and one with 2 twin beds. All are lovely.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Fredonia has few options for places to stay so it was a great find. Rooms are beautifully furnished and the beds very comfortable. Bathrooms are large. Our room,the Gilt Room,is the only one with two beds. It did not seem as spacious as the others but was fine for our needs. Hosts are attentive but not intrusive. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I was in town for a high school reunion and a lot of people were curious. Jeff was gracious to give our friends a tour. I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: The pictures on the website give a good idea. Please note that there is no pool or fitness center bu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Maggie and Jeff are superb hosts and the EWI is simply gorgeous. There is no such thing as a bad room. And the breakfasts are truly memorable. EWI is definitely on the "must return to" list. EWI is within walking distance of the SUNY Fredonia campus.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Edwards Waterhouse Inn? Share your experiences!