“Cool atmosphere, good food and great drinks.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jade Eatery & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 143 Restaurants in Forest Hills
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Continental Ave
Transit: LIRR and E,F,M & R train stop to 71st Continental Avenue / Forest Hills
Description: Our new executive chef, Froilan Seranas, brings his experience from Spice Market, Buddakan, and 11 Madison Park. He has been infusing flavors from Chinese, Japanese, and Southeast Asian cuisine. His creativity to devise fresh combinations of flavor, texture, and his plating presentation evokes the senses of our guests.
London
“Cool atmosphere, good food and great drinks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I visited this restaurant with a few friends - I haven't been to Forest Hills in about 15 years, so I was a bit sceptical when they booked a table there, but I can admit when I'm wrong! Tables are not too close together, and as we weren't the only slightly loud "girls' night out" there, that was was a good thing! The service was excellent, with our server making suggestions when we couldn't decide what to have. We ordered the charred edamame, samosas and spring rolls, and they were all delicious. The Calcutta chili chicken was delicious, but the Kimchi fried rice was amazing. We were basically stabbing at each other's hands with the chopsticks to get to the last few grains! I don't eat fish, but some of the other ladies had the sushi and really enjoyed it.

On the drinks front, they make a really good cocktail called the Jadetini. It was a little bit too good, actually! After the restaurant closed, the bar stayed open for a while, and we ordered a shisha pipe and some more drinks, and sat in the lounge area. The music is a good level, loud enough to enjoy, but not so loud that you have to shout.

Location-wise, it's excellent. About 2 seconds away from the LIRR, and 5 minutes from the subway. It's also easy to get to by car from the city and from LI.

• Visited October 2013

“Fun night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of friends on a Friday night. I had never been there but one of my friends had so she guided us through the menu. I'll admit it was a bit pricy. I had chicken with cashews and green beans and it was very good but for a small portion in a big dish it was $18.. The virgin mango mojito was great!! If your looking to drink something other than soda but dont want any alcohol definitely go for the virgin drinks.. All in all we had a good time. Our waitress was very helpful even though we were a big group. And they also have tablets you can order on! But we were too many.. If your in the area check it out!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite orange beef and cuury in queens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Been going to jade once a month for over four years time for someone to speak up best orange beef in queens sushi is above average staff is good sometimes better food great great value
Saki appetisers beer selectiin etc all good phad thai great taste and great value
Bateso

• Visited July 2013
“Cool Vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you want a Manhattan sexy feel and vibe at Queen's prices -- than Jade is for you! I was pleasantly surprised when I came in with my husband -- they even have a cool party room. The food was exotic and tasty. Plus the location is right across the street from the LIRR station. Service was good but could be better.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Forest Hills, New York
“Dark, Romantic and Very Sexy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

When it comes to ambiance, the only restaurant in Forest Hills that outdoes JADE is MoCA, over on 70th Road.

I had lunch at Jade yesterday and was highly impressed by the interior. This place is dark, romantic and very sexy. They have a pool with live Koi fish in the center of the room, and I was able to get a table right next to it. This is a great date place.

Jade offers Japanese (including sushi), Thai, Chinese and East-Indian dishes, and I ordered the beef Satay with a mushroom sauce ($16), which included rice. I washed it down with Asahi beer ($5).

Usually I have satay as an appetizer but Jade’s turned out to be a delectable and filling main course.

I had a great experience here and Jade is now my second favorite restaurant in Forest Hills – After MoCA.

• Visited October 2012