“Good Italian food & the price is just right!” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
New York City, New York
“Good Italian food & the price is just right!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I often come to this restaurant with family and friends and mostly on weekends. The last time I was here was last week (6/14/12) with my BF. I know the name of one of the servers, Carlos. A very nice guy, but they are all nice! Over all, the food is always good! The wine selection is excellent, even the house wine. I'll never forget the time when I took my family and friends, one summer, not too long ago. Each one of us ordered a whole lobster! That was the best lobster I had, so far!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

new york city
“Good neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

This is the best Italian restaurant in the area. Overall, the food ranges from average to very good. Nothing superlative, but it is a nice place for special occasions.
The service is terrific.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City
“Consistently Good Italian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I've been going here for years- maybe three times a year since it opened more than a decade ago, and the food has been consistently good. I rate Italian restaurants by two items: carpaccio and gnochhi- both are easy to ruin, and they both are very good here. The salads, soups, fish, veal, and other pastas have been very good here as well. The service varies from time to time and it seems it's never the same waiter, but it's always a good experience and I've never regretted a meal here. Seating parties from 2-4 is easy, for six or more is difficult.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good Place, Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Sat down for a nice bowl of pasta, hence the name of the restaurant and was a little leary based on some of the reviews. The service was good, prompt, wine was fine. The bread was fresh, butter came out of the fridge in little packets-ok. We had a mozzerella appetizer, pretty good. Pasta came out (small portions for the cost) and was aldente to say the least on one of our plates. The food was ok, nothing to rave about. If we needed some place to go again, we may pop in but we won't rush to be the first one there. Meal with 4 glasses of wine, no desert was about 75.00.FYI to gauge. I

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NY
“Started good, the hair ruined it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

i had gone to Pasta del Giorno a few years back and figured I would go there to celebrate my birthday. I had remembered the food and service as being good. I ordered the Ravioli del Bungustaio and after a few bites, looked down to see a LONG strand of black hair (I'm a blonde). The waiter quickly removed my plate and prefusely apologized (only reason why I didnt give this a POOR review). He offered me several items, which I declined. I had lost my appetite at that point. He did however bring us a drink on the house. Only thing was, I hadn't ordered that drink, my best friend did, and I did not like it. A glass of the wine I was having would have amde more sense. At least the meal was free....