“Rude waitress” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
New York
“Rude waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We normally came for breakfast, food is always good, service is ok. We also came for dinner, not too much varieties, but acceptable. Last Friday, we went for breakfast, and the service was horrible. The waitress was rude, abrupt, got the order wrong. I ordered spinach omelet, my 'normal' order, with separate order of Kielbasa on the side,..when the food came, the Kielbasa was mixed in with the spinach omelet. I didn't return the order, I was hungry, I should had returned the order, because the home fries was not even warm,....I either will not go back on weekdays, or will never go back altogether. Very disappointing.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brno, Czech Republic
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Go and try! Food is very tasty you will not be dissapointed :)) Sometimes in the rush hours servers are in hurry so you have to wait a little bit more..

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Nice place to eat and relax”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good place to just eat & talk with a friend, or relax over a meal by yourself. Not much to talk about -nothing special except the perogies, potato pancakes, and other good Eastern-European food.

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Great Food - Terrible Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I'm not Polish but love the delicous Blintzes that are made by several Polish Restaurants in NYC. This one has among the best. However beware of the service. I recently ordered a small order of Blintzes. The waitress brought a large order which I simply did not realize until I got the check at the end of the meal. After two phone calls to "Mother", she very reluctantly adjusted my check. Caveat Emptor!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Forest Hills, New York
“Most things on the menu are tasty but the service is ridiculously slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have been to this restaurant a few times and my experiences with the food have been hit or miss. They have sensational hot chocolate and the pancakes with fruit compote on the top are very delicious but no matter how good they are I still can't get past the fact that my friend and I had to wait about 40 minutes for pancakes and bacon in a nearly empty restaurant. I went with my mother another time and she ordered the cherry filled crepes which she was very excited about. She was disappointed to find that the cherry filling inside of the crepe was ice cold.

I have also been there for dinner and ordered a cheeseburger while my husband ordered the salmon. Both dishes lacked any real flavor and were somewhat overcooked. It was one of the very few burgers over the course of my life that mostly remained on my plate by the end of the meal. Do yourselves a favor and travel a bit further up Queens Boulevard by Queens Center Mall to Georgia Diner which has speedy service and great food.

• Visited February 2012