“Good pizza and a very clean restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Forest Hills
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Nick's Pizza Forest Hills has been serving up thin crust pizzas & calzones for over 20 years. Melty mozzarella and fresh ingredients in Forest Hills, NY.
Forest Hills, New York
“Good pizza and a very clean restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I just had lunch at Nick's- first time in my 30-year tenure in Forest Hills. I ordered a small pizza for 2 with 2 toppings with a root beer which ended up costing $26 (with 20% tip). The pizza was tasty and with thin crust and certainly was not overly oily like most New York pizzerias. The service was pretty good As well. The only thing I was not sure was whether this pizzeria deserved to be no. 1 on the trip advisor's forest hills restaurant list.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Kids and adults love Nicks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Forest hills resident here. I can tell you that kids and adults love this place and the food. My two boys favor this pizza over any other they have ever had. They like the margarita, while I preference the white pie. Simply amazing. The calzones are like nothing you have ever had before. You will be hooked. I have friends from all parts of the city and boros and when they hit forest hills this is one place they love to come to. It's a gem.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plantation, Florida
“Hidden Gem in Forest Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I were visiting friends in Forest Hills and decided to go for a late lunch at Nick's Pizza, their recommendation because it is kid-friendly. What a treat! On the surface, this place looks like a regular old pizza joint, but it is so much more. To start, they have an impressive beer and wine selection, although we took advantage of the Stewart's beverages on offer.

We all started by sharing their standard salad which was simple, but perfectly dressed. Then we shared two pizzas - one white pie with spinach, garlic, mozzarella and ricotta and one red pie with meatballs and cheese. Amazing! You could tell all of the ingredients were fresh. I was pleasantly surprised that the meatballs came in big slices and not little greasy crumbs. Very delicious. I liked the white pie even more - it was so flavorful. If you're looking for a place for lunch or dinner in this are, go for Nicks!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYC
“A neighborhood staple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Eaten here numerious times over the years... always great food and service... keep up the good work! This is my go to place for an upscale pizza pie.

Visited August 2012
Astoria, New York
“Best Pizza I have EVER had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My mouth waters just thinking about Nick's pizza!!This is a gourmet style pizza place, they do not sell pizza by the slice. The pizza crust is thin and the cheese has 100% fresh mozerralla cheese not that greasy kind you find at your average pizza joint! We had a calzone which was as authentic as it gets! My family is from Italy and we have been searching for a place that actually makes a REAL calzone. It was oozing with ricotta and mozzeralla and the crust was just out of this world. We ordered it plain with sauce on the side so we can really savor it! We also had a red pie with pepperoni, red onions and garlic which was delicious.
Although we did not have much room for dessert we had to try the canoli that all the reviews have been raving about. So glad we did, they stuff them fresh with chopped pistachios for granish. My little sister had a coconut sorbet which came in its own shell -really nice presentation!
The staff was super friendly and personable, I felt like I was eating at my family's house! The atmosphere was very family friendly, there were also lots of business type people on their lunch break as well as couples. I will definitely come back again and again...I'm hooked! Next time we will probably catch a movie after since the theatre is so close!

• Visited August 2012