“Overrated in my opinion” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 162 Restaurants in Forest Hills
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: Nick's Pizza Forest Hills has been serving up thin crust pizzas & calzones for over 20 years. Melty mozzarella and fresh ingredients in Forest Hills, NY.
Forest Hills, New York
“Overrated in my opinion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had lunch here for the first time and was a bit disappointed. Many claim that Nick’s has the best pizza in Forest Hills - some claim the best in all of Queens - and I have to disagree with them.

The inside of Nick’s is nice and airy. They have white-painted walls adorned with old black and white photos of Forest Hills. There are three booths against each wall and tables in between. The ceiling is high with brass tiles and fans. Despite the ceiling fans, they also have A/C: It was a hot day but comfortably cool inside.

I had a small (12”) pizza with mushrooms for $15.50. They have some very interesting domestic and foreign beers listed on the menu but I went for the cheapest: Coors Light for $3.50.

It is a very thin crust pizza and came with what I think were basil leaves on top that added nice flavor. The main problem was with the crust: It was burnt underneath in places and I don’t like the taste of burnt crust. I sometimes got that burnt taste as I ate it.

I personally prefer the pizza at Lillian’s, although Nick’s is in a much more convenient location and has a much nicer ambiance.

Visited August 2012

New York City, New York
“Interesting Pizza Topping Options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you don't mind the sometimes long waits - this place is too small for the business they do - and the not-to-comfortable seating, the food is delicious. Two of us shared a salad with a wonderful house dressing and a pizza with dried tomato and meatball toppings. Truthfully, just one pizza to share is not really enough for dinner. But with the salad and then dessert - we each had a cannolli - we left full. Pizza toppings delicious, but this is not the place for a romantic dinner, as you are practically sitting on top of other diners.

Queens, NY
“Great Wood Oven Pizza and amazing desserts.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I have friends who talk about Patsy's others about Lombardi's, but neither one has anything up on Nick's. The little bit of burn on the crust, the sauce so fresh you can taste the sun and the dough that is perfect blend of crispy and chewy. To top it off it's a local spot with decent prices. There is also a decent selection of wine and beer. Though I'm not a salad lover, I will say there's are so beautiful that they temp me. But I rather save room for their delicious desserts: the brownie with fresh whipped cream, the lick your fingers cannolis and a rich cheesecake are all exquisite.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Excellent pizza and great cannoli too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This was our second visit there. 3 of us shared a large pizza and a salad. We had a bottle of wine and then shared a cannoli for dessert. The pizza crust is thin and very crispy. One large was plenty for 3 (2 guys and one gal). Lots of choices for toppings. Save room for the cannoli. The filling was so creamy. Also bring cash. They do not take credit cards. The place is small but both times we have eaten there we have been seated right away. They also have take out. Great little neighborhood place for a simple yummy dinner.

Forest Hills, New York
“Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Any time any days any hours, always fresh and nicely serve, either white pizza or plain