“One of our favorites” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Lebanese
NYC
“One of our favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Lebanese delights in a warm atmosphere. Wafa himself is circulating the dining room at all times to make sure everyone is happy. His mom is the delightful chef and in a few visits you become like a welcomed guest in their home. Go - you'll be glad you did!

Visited May 2013

Rego Park, New York, United States
“Falafel is the best...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Was here with my family upon their urging me to give the place a try. Well my family was right the food was very good. It's like eating in a friend's mother's kitchen. The owner kept coming out of the kitchen to make sure we liked her cooking, we did. She was very hospitable as were her two sons who help her run the place. When we were finished eating the owner brought out dessert for our table, gratis, she said she did not want to throw it out as she was closing after we left. Did not want it to go to waste.

We need to go back again to try more of their offerings.

Went back and tried their Falafel, OUTSTANDING is all I can say. Her pickle medley inside the sandwich is what brought it over the top for me. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NYC
“Family-Run Lebanese Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I decided to try this place out after walking by and seeing they offer no cork-fee Wednesdays. I went with a group here for my birthday. From the outset, the service was warm. We tried several different plates- falafel, baba ghanoush, tabouleh, fava beans, mixed grill meats. Everything was excellent, very fresh tasting. We met the cook, the mother of the sons who are the waiters. They were lovely and gave us all mint tea and baklava, at no charge, because it was my birthday. The prices were very reasonable, too. If i lived in the neighborhood, I would make it my regular dinner place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jackson Heights, New York
“Thank you for opening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Love Wafa's. Family run and couldn't be warmer or more welcoming. We love the shwarma, shish taook, mujadarah, split pea soup. Had a Lebanese quiche last night which was a special (add it to the regular menu if you can!) We go there all the time, and it's a joy to have such a wonderful place in the food desert of Metropolitan Avenue.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Favorite food in Queens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have lived in the area for over a decade and Wafa's is hands down the best food in Forest Hills.

A great family owned business with authentic Lebanese food. The mother is the cook and the sons manage the front. Everyone is incredibly friendly. I almost always get the lamb schwarma or shish tawook. Our favorite sides are the mujardarah, hummus (incredible) and okra. Prices are a great value. Oh, and the home made hot sauce is very HOT. Try it if you can handle it!

They used to be BYOB but they just obtained their liquor license. Their beer selection is quite good. I have not tried the wines.

• Visited August 2012