“Pretty Good Japanese Cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Pretty Good Japanese Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Went with my girlfriend to eat dinner here after work. She had the breaded pork and it was pretty good. I had the Beef and Chicken Teriyaki combo, which was also pretty good. We had the red bean fried ice cream for desert. This was good, but a little messy. We ordered the Hot House Sake and this kind of tasted like medicine. If you know your Sake, order something else. They seated us right away and our server took a little while before he actually took our order. Food did not take long to arrive. They were pretty fast at refilling our water though. Place started to get crowded as it grew later. People were mainly there to see the chefs cook on the grills in front of them. Overall, price wise, it is decent and the food is pretty good. If you are in the area, go for it. The strip the restaurant is on has several options to eat from, from Pizzeria Uno's to an Asian Fusion Bistro. If you are in the mood for Japanese, give Narita a try.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New York
“Best Japanese restaurant in Queens!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Lucky to live close to Narita:-) The food is amazing!!!Hibachi is my choice-the cook was great and even entertained my kids:-) Veggies were the best I ever had!
Highly recommend :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“crazy monkey... LOL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My brother lives in Forest Hills and every time when I land in JFK/LGA airports, we have dinner together. Narita's usually our choice of stop, on my last visit, we tried a special roll called the crazy monkey roll, of boy that was so good. I also like their dressing and clear soup (fish cake with celery,leek,scallion.) Very stable quality and the presentation is always beautiful. Nice bartender and good choice of sakes.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Forest Hills, New York
“Very pricey, extreme hit or miss with the service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Although I won't deny that this restaurant has a very large selection on their menu between the various rolls, sashimi, entrees and hibachi and that their food has always been very delicious and fresh, I cannot get past the terrible service that we have encountered along with the incredibly high bill at the end.

We recently wanted to go out for a nice dinner and despite the fact that there is a sushi place across the street from us, we chose Narita because it has a more fine dining atmosphere and because the choices were vast. We were seated right away and our appetizers and soup came immediately. My husband ordered several sushi rolls as his entree and I ordered a glazed piece of fish with veggies and rice. His sushi came out after some time waiting and there was a second plate for me but I explained to the server that it was for him and that I was waiting for my own dinner. Let me just say that fish is a staple in our household so I am fully aware that to cook a piece of fish takes about 15 minutes. The restaurant had some people in it but it wasn't crowded at all. I had to sit and wait for my food for at least 25 minutes after my husband finished his meal. Not only was it getting late but I was beginning to starve and was very tempted to tell them to cancel the order. Eventually it came with no apologies and I just gulped it down. I honestly can't see us returning any time soon. Nothing tastes so good that it is worth service like this.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NJ
“Fresh sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Excellent sushi. Always feel safe here when ordering sushi. Great accommodating staff Prices are reasonable.

Visited June 2012