“Nice hotel, coming back again” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
Naples, Florida
“Nice hotel, coming back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a very well maintained propertythat is well worth staying at. I was very impressed, very clean, friendly and helpful staff and conveniwnt to everything.

the hotel is about 10 to 15 minutes from LaGuardia and just blocks from the Mets Stadium. Its also in Flushing's China Town which provides plenty of food and shopping choices. In the hotel are a couple of shops, a great restaurant.

the gym at the hotel is brand new and plenty of options. Also has a nice rooftop sitting area and the xoub level is well stocked and serviced. Rooms are very large, a little dated but still well maintained. Foodselection for room service Iis reasonable, fresh and fast. My favorite part of the hotel Iis the lobby with the Asian theme.

Parking is below the hotel and cheap at $14 a night. Also you can take the 7 train into the city and save a couple hundred dollars a night on a room. The stadium is also about 5 blocks away.

If you go out to eat most restaurants are open late. Try Xiang Bao which is to the left of the hotel and then across the street on the corner. Its rated one of the best in the area. Very fair price. The area is alao safe with plenty of pedestrians and both young and old out walking. The area is predominantly Asian so expect this in every store or shop. Also there are plenty of great places to shop during the day in the area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Jmoonesq,

Thank you for writing such an informative and endorsing review of our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed all that our property and location has to offer and especially that you will be coming back again. Our team always smiles when they hear or read a guest comment that they will be back again. That is confirmation that all of the team’s efforts to make our guests feel welcomed and comfortable are noticed appreciated.

I look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to the NYC area.

Ed S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Sheraton LaGuardia East is fine if you need a location near LaGuardia airport or have to stay in the downtown Flushing area.

Pros:
-Location is convenient and in the vibrant downtown Flushing area (i.e. Chinatown) near excellent restaurants serving authentic Asian cuisine. Go to Asian Jewels for dim sum, Nan Xiang for soup dumplings and scallion pancakes, and the New World Mall Food court, among others.
-Hotel rooms are clean
-Client service is friendly
-10% discount for NY residents. Book online.

Cons:
-The windows in the rooms do not open at all which strikes me as odd. Besides the safety concerns this raises, it also means that if the previous guest smoked in the room (which sounds like it happens pretty regularly) the room smells like cigarettes and is difficult to air out. The hotel sent someone to spray the room with air freshner which was cloying and sweet. I actually decided that it would have been preferable to have the cigarette smell.
-They bungled our airport pickup badly. We ended up waiting almost an hour for a shuttle that they had said would take 20-25 minute to arrive. The front desk apologized and provided free breakfast buffet vouchers when we arrived to the hotel. Nice gesture but unfortunately the incident left a very poor (and lasting) impression on me.
Summary: Sheraton LaGuardia East is ok. There is a new Hyatt opening on the next block which we will probably consider for future visits.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ShuliQ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While I am pleased that you found our location convenient, our rooms clean and the service friendly I am disappointed to hear about your challenge with our shuttle. I apologize for the delay in your pick up from the airport. I can assure you that is not a normal experience with our shuttle service and our Front Office Manager is diligently looking into the matter to see what occurred and how we may prevent a similar situation from re-occurring again in the future.

I do hope we have the opportunity to rebuild your confidence in our property on your next visit to this area.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place is wonderful. The staff is so friendly, this is where I always stay when I come to NYC. Easy access to subway, around the block. Near the Mets and Arthur Ashe stadium! The whole staff is very friendly and they sure make you feel welcome! They always accommodate any need, special or otherwise. Gym is great for a quick workout. Don't forget to eat at Joe Shanghai! It's cash only mad the dumplings are out of this world! Get there early, they go fast.

Room Tip: The 05 suites next to elevators on every floor are large and quiet!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear TravelNut342,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and sharing your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you always stay here when you come to NYC. I am also very happy that your interactions with our staff had such a positive impact on your experience. They work hard to make every stay memorable and to make everyone feel welcomed. They will be happy to know that their efforts are noticed and appreciated. I agree that Joe Shanghai is a highlight restaurant when in this neighborhood.

I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed for one night while seeing a show in Manhattan. the hotel is in the middle of busy Chinatown, but the hotel and staff we REALLY nice. The hotel is clean the staff was very attentive and the bed was comfy, they called as soon as we got in the room to see if everything was okay. They guy who helped us with our bags showed us where the AC thermostat was , set up our bags etc. I was a little nervous about the walk to the train but it was literally 1 block away and the street was heavily populated even at 1 am we had no problem walking back to the hotel from the train. A GREAT STAY !!
The restaurant Deluge was beautiful and the food was a big portion and delicious ( it helped that I had a coupon from Groupon). We had dinner on a Thursday night walked right in and got a table and we ordered rooms service the next. morning. The breakfast was delicious ( I ordered from the kids menu and it was a huge serving).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear M29jackson,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am happy that you enjoyed our location, accommodations and service. All of your comments are greatly appreciated and when I share them with our team I am certain it will add fuel to their desire to deliver the best of service.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We booked our stay here about a day before we landed due to a
Family emergency in Long Island. Our flight was delayed about five hours and the hotel was very accommodating under these circumstances. We arrived at the hotel after 5 am and the concierge were alert and gave us our keys to the room, telling us we could finish check in after we slept.

This hotel is in the center of china town and There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance from the hotel.

I definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quick, semi inexpensive stay at a comfortable place.

Stayed June 2014
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Anna M,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay especially after the challenging travels and not the best of reasons for visiting our area. Thank you for sharing your feedback about our hotel and our surrounding neighborhood. We appreciate you recommending our hotel and I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future (hopefully under better circumstances).

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I'm sorry that I only had one day in NYC but this hotel is exceptional in my opinion. I'm originally from NYC but moved to another state and had to visit for a day. I needed a hotel that was located close to LaGuardia Airport and this one was, but also convenient to the subway so I can make a quick trip to the city. The 7 train was right down the street but the local is a little bit of a pain with all the stops to get to Grand Central. I'm sure if you can get the express it would be much better. This was a perfect location for me and the hotel staff was very courteous and attentive. The room was very clean and well situated. I was able to hear noises from the hallway and the ding of the elevator from room 1002 but I didn't hear guests in their rooms. That definitely was not a big deal to me at all.
My stay was too short to go into any more details but if I am in the area again I definitely would return to this property.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tonibella,

Thank you for staying with us Tonibella and for all of your positive feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found it convenient to easily travel into Manhattan. You are correct the express 7 train does shorten the trip by about 15 minutes. Another option is the Long Island Railroad which is only 2 blocks away. That takes only 20 minutes into Penn station at 34st Street and is a nice ride. I am delighted to hear that you would definitely stay with us again if you are in the area. We would like nothing more than to welcome you back.

Pickering, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

In New York we usually stay downtown but a family event dictated that we stay in Flushing and The Sheraton was suggested.

First and foremost the hotel is in the middle of China Town! If you can get past that it is a great hotel to stay at especially if you need to be near the airport. There is so much activity outside the hotel that going for a walk is entertainment in itself. Lot of places to eat as well.

The service is first rate starting at the pick up at the airport. They said it would be 5 minutes and it turned out to be less. The front desk was professional and tried to help with our issues. The
rooms were clean and cleaned early which worked for our situation. The service at breakfast was first class and the server tried everything to please our group.

On our last day we wanted to get to the airport but we had to get our bags from the room. The driver waited for us and was at the elevator to help us with our bags. Great service and attitude!

I usually stay at Homewood by Hilton but I have to say Sheraton impressed me with this property!

Good Work!
Uncle Bob

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Tempoman (Uncle Bob),

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I am glad that you enjoyed our property, service and location. I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

With warm Regards,

Ed S.

Been to Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel? Share your experiences!