“Great location and nice room size” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Flushing
Groton, Connecticut
“Great location and nice room size”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel location couldn't be better and my room size was standard for most hotels I goto, but better than their comeption in the area. Parking was discounted but not Free unfortunately. I paid more to stay on the club room level, but was disappointed by the limited breakfast and even food options. I am a platinum and Gold member with the other top hotel chains and find the lounge amneties to usually be better. Overall I would stay here again but not pay extra for the club level.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Northeast_Traveler48,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am happy to hear that you found the accommodations comfortable and the location ideal. It is unfortunate that your experience with our club lounge breakfast did not meet your expectations. I have forwarded you feedback to our Director of Food and Beverage to review and follow up accordingly.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon.

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My one night stay was very nice at the Sheraton in Flushing NY. After finishing work for the day I had fun walking around the China town neighborhood; food street vendors, retail shops, and Macy's! There's a small business area in the lobby with computers and a printer which I needed to complete a work project. Valet parking is available and an excellent service since there is no where to park close to the hotel. The room was nice with big comfortable bed. Bathroom was spacious with plush thick towels!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear VoyceJoyce,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel. It is great that you had fun exploring our surrounding neighborhood and all of that it has to offer as well as you found the accommodations comfortable with all of the amenities that you needed. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Close proximity to the airport was the reason I stayed here but it will not be the reason I come back. I was treated like a valuable guest from the start. When my club level room was having issues, they upgraded me to a one bedroom suite. Having to pay for the parking is a little disappointing but not surprising in NY. My only issue would be that the club room was very small. The size of two normal rooms converted. Good coffee selections and drinks but the food was very limited.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear JeffL718_41,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and sharing your feedback. I am pleased to hear that our associates had such a positive impact on your stay. They work hard to make every stay a memorable one and they will be happy to know that it was appreciated. We are challenged with space to create a larger club room. However, I am happy to inform you that we are in the final stages of a new design of the club that will maximize the space for comfort and utilization. Our target date to complete the renovations is Q3 of this year. I am confident if you return and see the new club you will be more comfortable with it.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is well-placed in Flushing. Near lots of shops and the subway, as well. The price for our single-king room was good ($250), large, clean, and quiet. We had a good view on the 18th floor, and we could easily see the airport (which was interesting for me, since I am a pilot).

The elevators are fast, which I also appreciated. The lobby has an Asian decor, appropriate for the location, and very relaxing to the senses, as well.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor, if possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Musicapp,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location, property and services. As a pilot I am sure you stay at many properties and I really appreciate you taking the time share your experience here at our hotel.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Was in Flushing for work. Could walk to/from office every day. Tons of shops, restaurants, bakeries, fresh marts nearby. Could also walk to large shopping complex (Target, Best Buy, Marshall's, Bed,Bath, Beyond).. 1block from subway. Rooms were good size and have Starbucks single serve coffee in room. My room had a fridge which was a nice surprise. The hotel gym is nice w/top of line equipment w/individual tv's and iPod/iPhone plugs. Food in hotel restaurant is good (ate there twice) but service was slow both nights despite being nearly empty. Was overall nice but pricey. $239 on Mon and $299 on Tues night)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Malbecgirl,

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our property, services and location. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While all of the great feedback is appreciated your critique of the service in the restaurant is welcomed as well. It is through forums like this that let me know where we are doing well and where we can afford to spend a little more focus on improving as we continually strive to deliver the best of service.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful but the internet is abysmal, if you have one, you should bring your own hotspot because even if you pay to have the higher bandwidth connection, it's still extremely poor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Jackgaido,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While I am happy that the staff had such a positive impact on your stay I am sorry to hear that your internet experience fell short of your expectations. Due to our current guest hallway renovations we experienced some unexpected internet issues. We have been working with our internet provider and have resolved the problem. We will also closely monitor the system to prevent it from reoccurring. I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused during your stay.

I do hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again and I am confident that you will have a much better internet experience.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My affinity for Starwood outweighed my aversion to this hotel and I stayed here several more times from January to March (almost every week) in 2013. I must say that my opinion of this hotel has changed for the better. It doesn't quite rise to the level of "Very Good" but is definitely above average.

The parking situation, while still not ideal, has improved and the attendents were much more customer-focused. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel seems to be updating their public spaces (i.e. halls). The restaurant is passable but still a little limited and casual, inexpensive options are non-existent. What sets this hotel apart is the front desk personnel and other staff in general. They are very pleasant and welcoming.

To sum up, while not perfect, this hotel should meet the expectations of most business travelers. It's a little further from Laguardia than most other airport hotels but it's worth the trip as it sits in the middle of a very vibrant Chinatown in Flushing.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Also, there are slightly larger rooms towards the end of the hallways.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, Director of Sales at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear JMMcCauley,

Thank you for posting an update to your previous review. I am very pleased that you have chosen to continue to stay with us and have had better experiences than before. I used your feedback that you provided before along with all feedback we receive in our continual effort to improve our product and services. As you did mention, we are updating our public areas and will continue to improve our product over the next year. Additionally our team is very focused on delivering great guest experiences and I am happy to hear that you have noticed the difference.

As a Starwood Lifetime Gold Member we value your loyalty to Starwood and we certainly appreciate your patronage. I hope you continue to stay at our hotel and each experience gets better and better.

Ed S.

Been to Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel? Share your experiences!