“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is well-placed in Flushing. Near lots of shops and the subway, as well. The price for our single-king room was good ($250), large, clean, and quiet. We had a good view on the 18th floor, and we could easily see the airport (which was interesting for me, since I am a pilot).

The elevators are fast, which I also appreciated. The lobby has an Asian decor, appropriate for the location, and very relaxing to the senses, as well.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor, if possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Musicapp,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location, property and services. As a pilot I am sure you stay at many properties and I really appreciate you taking the time share your experience here at our hotel.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again soon.

Ed S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Was in Flushing for work. Could walk to/from office every day. Tons of shops, restaurants, bakeries, fresh marts nearby. Could also walk to large shopping complex (Target, Best Buy, Marshall's, Bed,Bath, Beyond).. 1block from subway. Rooms were good size and have Starbucks single serve coffee in room. My room had a fridge which was a nice surprise. The hotel gym is nice w/top of line equipment w/individual tv's and iPod/iPhone plugs. Food in hotel restaurant is good (ate there twice) but service was slow both nights despite being nearly empty. Was overall nice but pricey. $239 on Mon and $299 on Tues night)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Malbecgirl,

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our property, services and location. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While all of the great feedback is appreciated your critique of the service in the restaurant is welcomed as well. It is through forums like this that let me know where we are doing well and where we can afford to spend a little more focus on improving as we continually strive to deliver the best of service.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful but the internet is abysmal, if you have one, you should bring your own hotspot because even if you pay to have the higher bandwidth connection, it's still extremely poor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Jackgaido,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. While I am happy that the staff had such a positive impact on your stay I am sorry to hear that your internet experience fell short of your expectations. Due to our current guest hallway renovations we experienced some unexpected internet issues. We have been working with our internet provider and have resolved the problem. We will also closely monitor the system to prevent it from reoccurring. I do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused during your stay.

I do hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again and I am confident that you will have a much better internet experience.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My affinity for Starwood outweighed my aversion to this hotel and I stayed here several more times from January to March (almost every week) in 2013. I must say that my opinion of this hotel has changed for the better. It doesn't quite rise to the level of "Very Good" but is definitely above average.

The parking situation, while still not ideal, has improved and the attendents were much more customer-focused. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel seems to be updating their public spaces (i.e. halls). The restaurant is passable but still a little limited and casual, inexpensive options are non-existent. What sets this hotel apart is the front desk personnel and other staff in general. They are very pleasant and welcoming.

To sum up, while not perfect, this hotel should meet the expectations of most business travelers. It's a little further from Laguardia than most other airport hotels but it's worth the trip as it sits in the middle of a very vibrant Chinatown in Flushing.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Also, there are slightly larger rooms towards the end of the hallways.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, Director of Sales at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear JMMcCauley,

Thank you for posting an update to your previous review. I am very pleased that you have chosen to continue to stay with us and have had better experiences than before. I used your feedback that you provided before along with all feedback we receive in our continual effort to improve our product and services. As you did mention, we are updating our public areas and will continue to improve our product over the next year. Additionally our team is very focused on delivering great guest experiences and I am happy to hear that you have noticed the difference.

As a Starwood Lifetime Gold Member we value your loyalty to Starwood and we certainly appreciate your patronage. I hope you continue to stay at our hotel and each experience gets better and better.

Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights. I agree with previous reviews; this is a somewhat tired Sheraton. My bathtub backed up twice when the guest next door showered - yuck. But, they sent someone quickly to clean up the mess for me. Overall, the staff went out of their way to be welcoming and helpful.
I had access to the club lounge which was nice for a quick and simple breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear ADCBoston,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a challenge with your bathtub during your stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I have forwarded this information onto my engineering team who are diligently looking into this matter. I am, however, pleased to hear that the staff was responsive and you enjoyed our club lounge.

I hope we have the opportunity of having you stay with us again in the future.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, the location is close to the flushing chinatown, which is awesome, there's a lot of shops ( Macy's, Modell's) and chinese restaurants too. There's also a shuttle bus to go to the LaGuardia airport. The hotel itself was very clean and the beds were comfy, and it is also close to the main street flushing subway station, just few walks away! The hotel was decorated with chinese decorations, there's internet in all the rooms, which is nice! Beds are a bit small but it's ok to me, I enjoyed my stay at this Sheraton hotel, next time I come back to NYC, i'll be sure to come here.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevator, you can hear the "Ding" sound
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kychin15,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is always nice to hear when a guest enjoyed the accommodations, amenities and the surrounding neighborhood.
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in early December for a business meeting. The location is close to LaGuardia airport, and the shuttle is convenient. The shuttle is about a 10-15 minute ride to the hotel. The hotel is located in the Chinatown district with lots of Chinese restaurants all around. There was also an excellent Thai restaurant a block away - ask at the front desk and they can direct you.

I found the hotel room and hallways to be worn and tired, and not very soundproof. As other reviewers have mentioned, you can hear the ding of the elevator and guests talking in the halls all night long. Given that it is an airport hotel, you can expect that people will be coming and going at all hours of the day and night, but I wish they would mute the ding from the elevator. In terms of cleanliness, the bathroom and bedding were very clean.

The best part of this hotel is the staff. I had great service with all of the front desk staff and the very friendly bellman named Juan. They made me feel comfortable and answered my questions quickly and with ease.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Mpls TravelKitty,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy to hear that you found the accommodations clean and comfortable and your interactions with the team were positive. With regards to your feedback on the hallways being worn and not very soundproof, I am happy to say we are addressing these issues by updating the hallways and working with the elevator company to look for alternative solutions to reduce the ding when it reaches a floor. We anticipate the hallways to be completed by the end of March.

I hope on your next visit to our neighborhood you will be pleased with our new look.

With Warm Regards,

Been to Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel? Share your experiences!