“Noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Flushing
New Haven, Connecticut
“Noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am a Northeast frequent business traveler. I have not been to Queens in years so staying in Flushing recently was a bit of an eye opener. Queens has really changed. This hotel is decent but in a very noisy and congested location- not a great area. I suppose the proximity to Manhattan is a plus but I had to do business in Queens so that was not a plus for me. Restaurant choices are very limited and I wouldn't suggest walking around, especially if you are a woman traveling alone. All the restaurant choices are Asian so if you like that, you're in luck. My coworker and I drove out to Great Neck and Port Washington and found some good places to eat on the water with nice views. This hotel was quite expensive so I was expecting something a little nicer. I have found nicer hotels in Manhattan for less money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Mlp417,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. While I am glad that you were satisfied with your accommodations it is disappointing to hear that you were less satisfied with our location. It is true that Queens has evolved quite a bit over the last several years and where we are, in particular, has become very populated and vibrant. It is unfortunate that you did not feel comfortable with our surroundings; however I am happy to hear that you were able to explore one of the many nearby neighborhoods that offer many alternative choices of cuisine and ambiance.

Ed S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband and his family stayed here for 3 nights to attend a family wedding in early October. We arrived at La Guardia around 11:30am and waited for the hotel shuttle to pick us up. It took almost 45 minutes for it to come. But the driver was very courteous and friendly. Upon arrival I realized this isn't like a regular Sheraton but it's so convenient since it's located in the heart of chinatown(with scrumptious eats & subway stations). Check-in was breezy. The lobby was small (this is New York) but clean and decor was Asian. Our room was up on the 12th floor facing 39th. We had double room....clean, bed was comfy, pillows ok, bathroom good size, good towels. We slept soundly every night...didn't hear any noise above or next door, except in the morning when people used the shower. I appreciate the complimentary Starbucks coffee & bottle water & the daily Chinese newspapers. The only inconvenience was no free wi-fi....Check-out was breezy as well. The shuttle was prompt and driver was again friendly. Overall, thank you, Sheraton. We really loved New York. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Flushing

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Hotelbum,

What a wonderful review, Thank You. It is always great to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and that you would definitely stay here again on your next visit to our area. On note, we do provide complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property and I apologize if you were not able to connect while you were here. I will forward this information onto my engineering department to monitor.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Ed S.

P.S. Love your Signature Name )
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Well-connected to la guardia via NYC buses and free hotel shuttle. And most importantly, close to the 7 train to manhattan! Can sometimes be too pricey for flushing, though. It is close to train but the train ride into manhattan is very long.

• Stayed October 2012
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Shekaphale,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and location. I agree that the local number 7 train into Manhattan can be a little slow at times. The trick is to catch the express trains that are designated with a diamond symbol lit around the train number on each train. They skip many of the stops and shorten the trip by at least 20 minutes. The other alternative is the Long Island Railroad (1 ½ blocks from hotel) which takes 25 minutes to get into Manhattan’s Penn Station on 34th Street and 7th Ave. The cost is a little more per person but it is a quicker ride. I hope this travel info is helpful for any future visits.

I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Noisy...remember those cheap cardboard walls that you could hear a hiccup from? Well, this is the Sheraton La Guardia. Asking for a non smoking room and getting into a smelly environment? This is your place (we had to change rooms). Free wifi? Get ready to wait for a very slow connection. And the price? 339$!!!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear FoxM64,

I am sorry to hear that you were less than satisfied with your recent visit to our property. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and your feedback will be most helpful as we continually strive to improve our service.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton with a friend for 2 nights during the US Open. They were unbelievably friendly & accomodating!
They kept the hotel bar open late for those coming in from the Open.
They recommended 24 hour Chinese delivery for midnight cravings.
They searched frantically & recovered my lost wallet (with all cash, cards & other items still inside).
Their airport shuttle was prompt & friendly. (They even covered the cost of a car when the shuttle was too full for everyone headed to the airport.)
They had a shuttle to The Open as well, but Flushing Meadows was only 1 subway stop away so we traveled by subway.
The rooms were neat, clean and updated.
We had a small lobby on our floor with a great breakfast each morning, as well as a computer and printer available for use.
They A/C problems the morning we checked out, but they had someone in our room and the problem fixed within 5 minutes of calling the front desk.
It was an all around great stay, and I'll never stay anywhere else when coming to town for The Open.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mmaegan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The US open is such a great time to be in Queens and I am glad that we were able to add to that experience. I am happy to hear that your interactions with our associates were engaging and that we were able to assist you in finding your lost wallet. Thank you for selecting our hotel as your primary choice when in town and we look forward to having you stay with us again for next year’s US Open.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Although we only had a short stay overnight the hotel was fine. Check in was very quick and efficient. The room was clean and tidy. We didn't eat at the hotel as we had an early flight. We used their free shuttle to go to the airport in the morning

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Jgzjkiwis,

Thank you for writing a review and posting it on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and our services. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The location is perfect in the middle of Chinatown with numerous restaurants including ones that open 24 hrs ( red bowl restaurant which has cheap and good dinner albeit passable breakfast buffet). The room was fairly large with spacious bathroom. A good deal with cash and point with SPG. The facility is nice and the hotel is near subway #7. Unfortunately, the subway train was down that day and I couldn't find a taxi. Therefore, I walk back to the hotel but there was no taxi stand either do I ask one of the hotel staff to call a cab. Instead of a meter taxi , I got a private car that charge $50 plus tip compare to what should have been about half is that price. Jus make sure that you specify metered taxi if you ask them to call a cab for you. But since it is located next to subway it is actually faster to get to Times Square by subway ( it took us about 50 min by taxi with Saturday morning traffic by cab).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_GM72, General Manager at Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear PP2603,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and the surrounding neighborhood. I would agree that a private car service is not the quickest or least expensive way to travel to Manhattan. Unfortunately in NYC there is no number to call for a metered taxi. You have to hail one down as they pass. Since we are not in Midtown they do not pass nearly as often as they would if you were in Midtown Manhattan. That is why a car service is our only choice where we can call and assure a car will arrive as expected. As you mentioned close by is the #7 subway (½ block away) which gets you into midtown in about 45 minutes for $2.25 each way. Another option is the Long Island Railroad which is 1.5 blocks away and gets you into midtown in 25 minutes for $9.00 each way.

I look forward to having you stay with again in the near future.

Ed S.

Been to Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel? Share your experiences!